Interior Front Door Lock

Interior Front Door Lock

We recently had a guest request for us to install a interior security lock and was wondering if other hosts are doing this and if it's a good idea to install them. 

4 Replies 4
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Israel-And-Rachel0 ,

I would thoroughly consider installing any lock system that restricts my access to my own property.

Hi,

We have two locks on our unit...

One lock is the "key" lock that all guests have access to...

The second is a keyed bolt lock (bolted from inside, keyed from outside) however, only the owner and us/cleaner have a copy...maybe you could offer this?  

Keep in mind, the guest should expect to pay,  between lock and locksmith, it is about a $350 investment. 

As @Guy991 mentions, best not to create the opportunity for guest to lock you out. 😞

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Israel-And-Rachel0  Our property has two locks.  One is the coded deadbolt and the other is the lower keyed lock.  The keyed lock is recommended for guest use when inside the property.  This does make our guests feel secure.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Israel-And-Rachel0, welcome to the Community Center.

Were you able to read our Host's suggestions? Are you planning to install an interior security lock?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad