Amenities Listed Not Chosen by me

Jaylene7
Level 1
Manitoba, Canada

Amenities Listed Not Chosen by me

I just noticed that under amenities for our space it shows that we do not have hot water. I have no idea how that got there as we most definitely have hot water! And I'm not sure how to change it? I made sure that I've checked off that we have basic essentials. But still, it seems determined that we don't have hot water. 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jaylene7 I think when Airbnb adds an amenity to the list they obviously leave it unchecked.  This is obviously fine for grand pianos but not so clever for basics such as hot water!

I'll go looking for it on our listings now!

And having done so I find that you can say you have hot water when you click on the bathroom. Ill go back and check the kitchen next!

Jaylene7
Level 1
Manitoba, Canada

I was able to figure out how to remove the "no hot water" under amenities! At first I tried by clicking "edit" under amenities. But I wasn't able to remove it from there. I had to click on "add amenities" and then from there I was able to click on the "hot water" amenity and add it. Now my listing doesn't say anything about whether there is or isn't hot water under amenities. 

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Jaylene7   

Thank you for pointing this out.  It seems absurd hosts don't get notified when amenities get added to the list so that we can check or uncheck them !

I had a look at my listings after reading this and bizarrely 2 were listed with Hot Water and 1 wasn't.  So now all updated.  

@Mike-And-Jane0  When I altered mine on the amenities list, I hit the "all amenities box" and that updated the whole thing.  I hope you didn't have to do that for kitchen & bathroom because that would be really strange. 

That is so bizarre! I'm very curious as to why it impacted your listings differently...