Romantic Retreats

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Romantic Retreats

Romantic retreats.png

Hi all,

As today is Valentine's Day, it's a good time to highlight some of the beautiful and romantic listings around the world on Airbnb. Whether or not you celebrate this day, I think we can all enjoy looking at pretty places to stay :).

I found this article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3406405/A-pink-fire-truck-picturesque-Parisian...)  and thought it was a good selection of romantic Airbnbs - it's definitely made me want to go and stay in some! Maybe you will want to add a couple to your wish lists 😉

So which is your favourite? Have you seen any other listings that you think are romantic? Or maybe you think yours should be on the list?

Personally I think the Aromatica Treehouse in Italy (pictured above) is my favourite - it looks really cosy and has beautiful views of the countryside. The Boat Houses overlooking a loch up in Scotland come a close second for me though! 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Kirstie

9 Replies 9
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

WOW! So many wonderful places!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Karen-and-Brian0 there are aren't there?! It makes you realise what a variety of listings there are on Airbnb.

Which is your favourite?

Kirstie

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kirstie it's hard to choose from so many lovely looking places. For a city break/culture, I'd have to go for the one in Florence, which is such a beautiful city, and the apartment looks gorgeous, but top of my list would be Hawaii!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oo yes the Florence one is beautiful - I love the furniture, especially the elephant wicker table! It is an gorgeous city too.

Hawaii would be a great getaway location! It looks like an interesting listing. It's a shame it's so far from us here in the UK 😞

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kirstie @Huma0 @Karen-and-Brian0...On a trip to Tahiti in 1990 we got to stay in a cottage near the hut that Paul Gauguin lived for some years in a lttle tourist own called Mataiea not far from the capital of Papeete!

Ade's legs worked then, and we loved to walk in that countryside that Gauguin chose when he painted those lovely portraits of Islander women.

You can't recreate the past but, I would love to be back there again with Adrienne's legs carrying her through that lovely native jungle the way they did then.

I took simple things like....a dance together so flippantly back then....I would give anything to be able to do that in that location now!

Cheers.....Rob 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4  that sounds like a wonderful trip! I imagine it was incredible to immerse yourself in the scenery of Gauguin's paintings. It must be really hard that you can't do those kind of trips with Ade anymore but at least you have these beautiful memories!

Are there any other particularly romantic places you've visited?

Kirstie

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kirstie We were on a bus trip coming from Switzerland through the south of France! It was the last weekend in August, the summer holidays and a long weekend, and there was no industrial activity going on in France. 

We were about 40 Kilometres out of Paris and the bus driver suddenly stopped the bus and said....'Now there is a sight you don't see every day'! And off in the distance was the top half of the Eiffel Tower! Normally it would be shrouded in smog from the industrial activity but on this beautiful warm summer afternoon there it was magnificent in the distance. I gave Ade's hand a squeeze, that was our first ever glimpse of Paris!

Cheers....Rob

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Robin4, what a lovely story - I'm sure that it's very rare to see the Eiffel Tower from so far away, I once stood on the balcony of a building right next to it and couldn't see it through the fog/smog!

Your love for one other really is an inspiration to us all 🙂

Kirstie

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kirstie....When we eventually move on to another life Kirstie...Ade and I will dance together again! We were made for each other and not MS or anyone or anything else will come between that....not in this life or the next!

Cheers.....Rob