Kelowna meet ups

Cherie2
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Kelowna meet ups

I would like to start a Kelowna meet up group. Who else is interested and how do I contact you.

Cherie

16 Replies 16
Ian114
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Hello Cherie,  we would like to join a "meet ups" group. please email us [email address removed] Ian

Hello We too would also like to join the Kelowna meet up

Is there a weekly meeting somewhere ?

If not can we start one , if not weekly, once a month is good too,

Nicole

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cherie2 and @Ian114,

That's great to see that you want to organise a meetup in your area! You may have already seen this page, but if you click on 'Meet ups' in the top right corner of your screen here you'll see a list of all of the meetups currently arranged. I had a look and I've seen that there is actually one happening in Penticton (which I believe is not too far from Kelowna) on Nov 30th - here's the link with more information and a chance to rsvp! 

In terms of arranging your own meetup, the Community Center is a good place to communicate with other hosts in your area. You can send other hosts direct messages by hovering over their profile picture and clicking 'send message' (see below).

Send message.png

You can't, however, exchange email addresses in the discussion boards, as this is a public forum. We remove any email addresses and personal details we see for your own security.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Kirstie

I am intersted

Meytiwee0
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

I that sounds good. I travel a lot, yet would be intersted. Thank you, Maytawee

Let's meet at Starbucks, highway 97 and Gordon drive on Monday FEB 20. At 11am.

will that work for the group? 

Email me at [email address removed]

take care. Ian 

Meytiwee0
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Hi, I am intersted. Thank you, Maytawee

Nicole-And-Jeff0
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Hello cherie, you can email me

[email address hidden]

Sairam0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hey everyone - if you haven't already, please weigh in on the city council survey: https://www.kelowna.ca/our-community/news-events/news/residents-invited-weigh-short-term-rental-regu...

Tell your friends!

Minerva10
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Hi fella hosts in Kelowna!!! Shall we have a meet up soon? I was away for few months and I want to know if there is anything new with regards to city Regulations compliance?  Just wondering if we have to secure any business permit/license to operate short stay rent or tax colkection from our guests? Please help! Thank you in advance for any info you can share. 

Sydney32
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Moving mom to a retirement resort and am considering renting out her lake view house in McKinley Landing through Airbnb but have no idea where to start.  Any tips from current hosts?  I will also need a maintenance person if anyone knows a good one. 

Neal33
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

Hey Cherie:

Yeah, we've been doing this for about 6 years and it would be good to get together especially since our city counsellors might be looking to shut us down. Has the group met already? or are we in the let's-meet-and-discuss-some-day mode. Let us know.

Neal and Ben

Hello Neal and Ben,

Same here. Would be nice to meet and chat. Which area of Kelowna are you in? We are in Lower Mission.

Grace & Chester

Hello , I am interested.

Have asked the city a few times - How can stakeholders weigh-in on proposed new rules? No meaningful response. Any thoughts? 

Here's latest from the mayor 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4382113/kelowna-mayor-short-term-rentals-affecting-housing-market/

As well have you seen this ... BC Gov is eliminating the 4 unit minimum. 

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/sales-taxes/publications/notice-2018-004-pst-mrdt-accommodat...

It affects us quite a bit as I'm sure many of you start booking for next summer.