New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250

Hi Carolyn,

I'm Vi and live in Vancouver BC - not far from where you are.  I have been doing airbnb for several months now and am enjoying it.  I wish you good luck and I'm sure you will have plenty of interest.  Seattle is a lovely city.  Cheers!

Brendan34
Level 1
Belmont, MA

Hello, I'm Brendan. My wife and I are new to hosting. We live near Harvard square in Belmont MA. We have three crazy cats and a cute doggie. 

Hi Brendan,

I'm Vi!  I've been doing airbnb for a few months now in Vancouver BC Canada.  Vancouver is a beautiful city and I have been quite busy!  I wish you best of luck in your venture.  Cheers!

Hello,

I am a recent AirBandB convert. We formerly had a Bed and Breakfast complete with restaurant and all the regulations. Now we are sharing our Lodge as a vacation rental and have closed the restaurant. I love having guests staying with us in the mountains and sharing with them the beauty and peace found at our location.

Before opening the B&B, I taught school for forty years and enjoyed my time teaching ESOL or ESL students as well as my American ones. I also dabble in many things. I spend some of my time writing and have a book on Amber published by Schiffer Books; Studied jewelry design and manufacturing and then became a jewelry appraiser; enjoy painting and crafting; and love good music and conversation.

I too am a crazy cat lady and currently have five. 

Most people resist change, but I am driven toward it and have lived in more than 50 homes from Florida to California and now live in North Carolina. I love both the beach and the mountains.

In the future, I hope to offer writing or craft workshops for our guests. Glad to be here.

Nancy

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Brendan34@Mary368, and @Nancy224!

It's interesting to learn more about you @Nancy224,  it sounds like you have a real variety of intersts! Wow 5 cats must be quite a handful! What are their names? You and @Brendan34 might be interested in getting involed in this thread 'Meet the pets' to discuss your animals! 

Writing and craft workshops sound like a great idea, I imagine there would be many guests who would be interested!

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

Andy25
Level 3
Picton, New Zealand

Hi I'm Andy,

I am new to the forum and looking to improve as a host, any tips and comments would be most welcome.  I live in Picton New Zealand and the Marlborough Sounds are my playground.  I am hoping that "experiences" will reach us soon as I love taking guests sea kayaking to a nearby wildlife santucary

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Andy25,

Welcome to the Community Center! Sea kayaking in a wildlife sanctuary sounds like a great idea for an experience, I'm sure guests would love it! Fingers crossed 'Experiences' will reach you soon. 

There are lots of great threads with tips for hosts around the Community Center - two good ones are: 'What tips would you give a new host' which has a range of great tips from various hosts and '2 years later - 10 pieces of advice I'd give to myself as a new Airbnb host' which is a useful list of tips created by a host. 

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

Komang1
Level 1
Seaford Rise, Australia

Hi There, My name is Komang. I am new to this airbnb.

Welcome ! 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Komang1,

As @Alice-and-Jeff0 said, welcome to the Community Center! This will be a really useful resource for you if you're just starting with Airbnb. I would recommend you look at the thread 'What tips would you give a new host' as there's lots of great advice from other hosts. We also have a brilliant selection of Community Help Guides, created by members of the Community Center. 

I have moved your post here to the 'Introduce yourself' thread but if you have any questions or want to start a discussion, do start a new thread, as you did before!

Happy Hosting 🙂

Kirstie

Brian172
Level 2
Singapore

HI Everyone,

I m Brian  ..I  m new to this forum 🙂

Anyone else from Singapore & JB ?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Brian172,

Welcome to the Community Center (CC)! We do have some hosts from Singapore in the CC - if you search 'Singapore' in the search box on any page you will see the threads that mention it and find hosts from there, e.g. this thread. You could also start a new thread to connect to local hosts!

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello,

I host in Rio. You may get surprised because I am somewhat new to this Airbnb community in english and I am level 10.

The fact is, I speak also portuguese and I have been answering some questions in the Airbnb community in portuguese.

I live in Rio but I am originally from inland.

Some quotes I think interesting:

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page -> Saint Augustine

Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness ... -> Mark Twain

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the English-speaking CC @J-Renato0! It's good to see you joining in here too 🙂

They are great travel-related quotes - I love that one by Saint Augustine, it's a powerful way of looking at things!

I look forward to seeing you here as well as the Portuguese CC!

Kirstie

Pramod1
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Hi,

My name's Pramod ** and I'm based in Jaipur , Rajasthan.

and I am a ladies clothing manufacturer and exporter.

I'm hosting a place in Gurgaon ( adjoining new dellhi )

for travellers.

Its a nice and cozy farmhouse on a hill. 2 acres land and a home that

can sleep 6.

I have two dogs , a great dane and a doberman.

cant say i love dogs , they are more for security , but they are 

so lovable !!!

If any of the members in te host community ever plan to visit Jaipur,

pls let me know, I can offer you a REAL experience of the city, so different from the guided 

tours  !

Until next time, ENJOY !!!