Refund

Anthony83
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Refund

Hi everybody

I'm having an issue with the airbnb I booked

i checked in yesterday, less than 24h ago. The host greeted us

The place was not super clean when we arrived. The apartment has a strong smell of mold and the room was ok until I looked underneath the blanked there was a bunch of hair.

The bathtub was pretty dirty also

There is no lock for the room so I don't feel super safe leaving our stuff there. The host even left the main door opened until I asked him to close it.

8 Replies 8
Anthony83
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Not sure what to do and if I want to complain to airbnb

but first I only have 24h to file a complaint

suggestions?

You just need to contact AirBnB and tell them your experience and ask them to find you somewhere else to stay. You need to do so as quickly as possible as the longer you stay, the more you are deemed to have accepted the place as being ok. Go to your reservation information and you will see details on how to contact AirBnB.

Thanks but I don't want to have issues with the host as what if they can't find me a place to stay? I'll have big issues

Unfortunately you can;t have it both ways - either you don't like the place and find it too dirty and can't stay there, or it is alright and you can stay.

Also, you do need to be careful as it could sound like you are scamming the host by saying it's dirty, but we don't want the host to know we think it is...and you title your message 'REFUND"

AirBnB is there to help you when things are not as expected - there is nothing anyone on here can do for you if you won't contact AirBnB.

I have had this experience and contacted Airbnb, they handled the situation quickly.  Was it awkward with the host, yes... but 10 minutes of awkwardness was worth getting the help needed.

I think the suggestion to take pics and contact Airbnb directly is the best advice you'll receive.  

Take photos of your finds.

If you find it all unacceptable, contact airbnb and let them help you find somewhre else.

Magda16
Level 1
Amherst, MA

Hi, it's too late to ask for a refund but you can mention all of this in your review for the place. Check with the host why he's leaving the door open? It might be the place is very safe. I stayed in a place where it was very safe no locked their front door

Have you spoken to the host?  It might be easily remedied.