This phone number is already in use. You can remove it from the associated account or add a different one.

Answered!
David10290
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

This phone number is already in use. You can remove it from the associated account or add a different one.

Hello,

Every time I try to verify my phone number the following message appears on the screen, "This phone number is already in use. You can remove it from the associated account or add a different one." I would like to reserve a place to stay soon. Please help.

1 Best Answer

@David10290 It could be you have more than one profile on Airbnb? An old account you haven't used in awhile?You can try logging in with your email address instead of your phone number. After that, you can modify/change your phone number for future reference. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@David10290 It could be you have more than one profile on Airbnb? An old account you haven't used in awhile?You can try logging in with your email address instead of your phone number. After that, you can modify/change your phone number for future reference. 

That did not work. They ask for the Cel phone again with the same message popping up

@Madeleine297 

So you must have another profile on Airbnb using that phone number. If it is an old profile of yours, you'll have to delete it.

If someone other than use is using your phone number (partner, spouse), they will have to remove it from their profile.

Lastly, you can contact CS to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Sierra115
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Did you ever get an answer for this? I’m having the same problem. A different person is using my phone number (maybe it was theirs at one point in time?) for an Airbnb account and I am unable to add my current number.

@Sierra115 & @David10290 

Another Host suggested using a Google Voice phone number on your profile. That might work, but you'll have to keep that Google Voice phone number "active" by using it to make calls or texts periodically. Otherwise they will take the number back.

I have the same issue. I got my phone number 2 years ago, and I believe the former owner of my phone number already use it in their account, which cause me not able to add my number to my account. I have reached out to Airbnb, but no solution yet. This is silly. I think Airbnb should have a solution for this kind of situation consider this is a valid use case and not an edge case.