Receive a Negative Review- rejected for refund

Az-Lux0
Level 1
New York, NY

Receive a Negative Review- rejected for refund

Recently a guest gave us 1 star just because the heater was not working for 1 night. The very next morning we fixed the heat, and we gave them a partially refund for that night and now they gave us a negative review saying we did not issue any refund to them. How can I remove this review based on her false statement publicly? 
i have called bnb support team, one lady said, it not removable, when I challenged her based on misleading the truth, she could not answer me any longer. Any suggestions? Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Az-Lux0 

I think there might be more to this story than what you have mentioned. I am not sure if it was the same listing, but this guest stayed in January and a guest who stayed in December mentioned "however when we entered there was a dingy box fan on in the basement which was apparently placed there to dry up water from some kind of leak. This made it extremely cold when we arrived on an already record cold night." So, it sounds like you knew about the heating problem and leak well before the more recent guest's arrival.

Both these guests mention a number of issues, not just the heating in the basement, and those issues are repeated by many of your other guests and seem to have been going on for a while. Cleanliness in particular seems to be a problem, including trash, but also pests, lack of amenities, and problems with the AC or heating. In each case, you respond angrily to the guest and accuse them of making it all up, but I only scrolled through your most recent reviews, not all of them and these issues came up over and over again. The ratings for both listings are low, so it seems like this is not the only guest to give you a low score.

I don't know if this guest is lying or not, but if I was you, I would listen to the feedback from your guests and make improvements to your cleaning and deal with the other problems too. You claim in one of your responses that you have a 5* cleaning crew, but it doesn't sound like they are doing a great job at all.

Reading your reviews, this isn't your first go-round with dissatisfied guests. You've had quite a few. At over $500/night, maybe you should be putting some of that money back into the house and updating the amenities, doing repairs and fixing the other issues guests have mentioned.

Meir10
Level 2
Houston, TX

an important rule is to never mention that the review is false, if you read the Airbnb review policy then you will see that it says that a false review is not a reason for removal.
after reading the review policy you will have a better understanding of what you can use for the review removal.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

One of the ways to get a review removed is to logically prove that it is irrelevant. Oftentimes guests start throwing too much nonsense against the wall to help their cause, oftentimes this has the opposite effect.

@Az-Lux0  You are in a tough market, catering to 1-16 guests (even sometimes 22!) for the same price, so you will  get a max crowd every time and then cleaning, repairing, head room for the unexpected suffers. Consider maybe 10 at 'X" price and then an added amount per guest up to 16, to discourage being maxed all the time. The added income will help you being able to invest in cleaning/repairing/headroom.