Partial refund

Ivan2461
Level 2
Primošten, Croatia

Partial refund

Hi everyone, I need your help with a situation. Guests booked both of our houses for 6 days, but now they only need one house. We agreed to refund them for the days we managed to rebook the other house. How can I refund just a part of the full amount (624 out of 5.160€)? I tried the "Send money" option but it didn't work. Also, do I need to consider taxes and fees in the refund?

5 Replies 5
Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

@Ivan2461,

I suggest your Primary Guest should contact Airbnb Customer Service to request the partial cancellation/refund and tell the Guest to ask Airbnb to contact you.

You do not refund any taxes or Airbnb Guest Fee's because you do not receive any of those funds. Airbnb may not refund all of their fees to the Guest.

Allow Airbnb to explain the details of this to the Guest.

Polly164
Level 4
Geelong, Australia

Are you able to send them a booking change request? When you make this adjustment you also have control over the new price, so you can include a cancellation fee. 

Ivan2461
Level 2
Primošten, Croatia

Thanks to both of you for responding, I really appreciate it. However, things have gotten a little more complicated... 😅

I actually manage two separate houses, each with their own listing. On top of that, I have a third listing that combines both houses, allowing for up to 18 people. The guest ended up booking this third listing, so I manually blocked the other two listings (one for each house).

When we agreed to open one of the houses back for bookings, I manually unblocked one of the single house listings. But wait, there's more! 🤣 After some time passed and we couldn't rebook those dates, the original guest agreed to offer a last-minute discount of 20% for "her" dates. We were then able to rebook 2 out of the 6 days with the discounted rate.

Now, when it comes to taxes and fees, I'm not even sure what the correct amount is to refund... 🤣.

@Ivan2461,

Airbnb never sends taxes & fees to you so there is no need for you to refund taxes & fees. Airbnb will calculate the adjustment and if Airbnb feels a refund is due Airbnb will refund to the guest.

Never refund any more than what is your responsibility because once you refund...you can never get any of it back.

As I suggested earlier, do not refund taxes & fees EVER.

Airbnb collects taxes & fees and Airbnb forwards taxes to the government/or town etc. and Airbnb keeps the Airbnb Guest Fees...you never get any of it.

All you ever get are: your nightly rate and your cleaning fee if you charge one.

Don't be in a rush.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Ivan2461 👋

Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines