Not show up

Erika741
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Not show up

Hi, I just realised my guest didn't show up. She booked 2 night. I messaged her what happen and she said she ended up in the hospital those 2 days. My cancellation policy is flexible. But should I refund her?! It already check out day and even she never messaged me about it.

I told her if she cancelled the day check in she could've got refund but check out day I can't make you refund. She wants some refund but also she understand what I said.

Can she cancel her booking her check out day?! 

2 Replies 2

Hi @Erika741 since your cancellation policy is flexible, guests can cancel their reservation for a full refund up to 24 hours before check-in. However, since the guest did not cancel but rather did not show up due to an emergency hospital visit, you are not obligated to refund. That being said, the decision to refund in this situation is up to your discretion. Hope this helps! 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Erika741  Maybe you could offer her credit for a future stay. That seems like a kind thing to do, given that she was in the hospital. When you're ill, contacting your host about a reservation is the last thing on your mind.