No energy saving activities - and host has no support

No energy saving activities - and host has no support

Very bad experience.

I have lawer rates but an energy budget. 90% of the guests apprecite that. But Airbnb allows that guests break the rules and when I force in holding the rule, - airbnb accepts retiliation activities in reviews which mislead other guests. 

Very bad, - that this is accepted. No protection for the host. You have to accept misleading information and that guests set you under pressure.

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Karin2648 👋

Did you get in touch with Airbnb in regards to your guests breaking house rules?  It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what the resolution was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

It was a nightmare. 3 working days I needed that somebody reviewed seriously the case. 

I tried about 30 times to get in contact and to explain. All the cases were closed in minutes. They blocked all communication to me. 

I thought, I should ask a last time if they have an official possibility to contact their management. Because this is in my opinion a no-go to work like this with a Superhost and I have several houses on Airbnb since nearly 10years. With this agent I started a nice talk and he solved. Without a supervisor and without any special department. 

My recommendation? Just ask how to give feedback to the management. Not a call-center supervisor. It is good or bad luck to have someone who takes care or not.

The agents are measured how fast they close cases and that they do not delete reviews. This is the way they act. If your case is properly solved seems not to be requested.  They will have a statistic of 95% solved cases in 24h. But how many cases are re-opened because they are not solved - seems not to be measured. This is a management problem. The agents just send a feedback form in case it was an easy question and they could solve. In case you had problems, you never receive a feedback form. 

They use the text block that there is an other open case and this is a duplicated request to close cases and keep problems away which could hurt their qualifying figures. 

Nomads5
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I totally agree about the part that Airbnb allows retaliation reviews that are misleading us as hosts, it is very unpleasant that sometimes the guests hurt you so much in different aspects and allows them to retaliate with a review, putting all your efforts to make the community a better place into vain.