Neighbors put signs in their yard, what to do?!

Neighbors put signs in their yard, what to do?!

We have been hosts since February 1st.  Never had any complaints, no messy guests, no trash out, most fly in, so two vehicles at the most at all times, we have a garage and driveway, so no parking in front of neighbors.  We spoke to one neighbor the other day, they had no idea that the house was even an Airbnb because it’s always so quiet they said. We have had issues with one neighbor parking in front of our property.  We have asked him twice to please not block the walkway to the front door.  Only issue worth mentioning. 

Well, we get a message from our current guest today about signs in neighbors yards.  Two different neighbors saying, “we say no to Vrbo”.

The guests reached out asking if this is normal?  I didn’t even know what to say?  I mean, we pay our taxes monthly, do everything right, just so unfortunate.  

Anyone else dealt with this?  If so, advice please🙏

17 Replies 17

Now that I know signs are offensive to Airbnb renters I know what I’ll be placing in my yard this election year lol 

It’s great that they put signs out. Not everyone enjoys living next to a motel where a bunch of strangers come in and out of a house next door to them. These short term renters come through family communities like tornadoes as if everyone around them is on vacation as well. When your renters ask you about them just tell them the truth. Not everyone appreciates living next to a motel with a revolving door. 

Amen sister.  Our private lake has been over ran.  I live next to 3.  4th is on way.  I teach and work  and come home to them blocking my parking etc.  Noises.  New dogs.  New people. Non stop.   This is my home  not a hotel.    I get no say in it and our peace has been sold.