Long distance hosting and welcome snacks

Long distance hosting and welcome snacks

Hi, we are long - distance hosts, in the business for over 8 years.  We We do have a fantastic housekeeper who routinely goes above and beyond, and is ok with setting up welcome snacks, but I haven't done so yet. We routinely get rave reviews,  but now that I'm retired, I have the time to bake breads or cookies and have several repeat guests, I'm thinking of doing so.

Any suggestions as to what to provide,  and do you do this at all? 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Dinah46   

Some hosts do this and some don't. 

I do leave a welcome hamper in my listings.  I tend to leave some homemade bread and cakes.  I must admit if I don't have time to do both, I always make the bread but might buy in some locally made sweet nibbles, whether it be cakes or biscuits.  A bottle of something to drink, a small bottle of milk and some good quality crisps or pretzels or something similar.  It always goes down really well with the guests, especially the homemade bread, but occasionally i find a full loaf sat there after the guests have left. 

I price our listings accordingly but for me I try to think of what I would like if we arrived and someone left some goodies.  That is why there is such a mixture, for myself I would like some savoury nibbles and a glass of wine and my husband would like something sweet and a coffee !

Hope this helps. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Dinah46 👋

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering whether you managed to get a resolution to your question? 

It'd be great to hear from you, so we can understand what your decision was but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines