ID

ID

Hello

Does anyone know if a host can require guests to submit their ID at the time of booking? If so, how do you set that preference in your account?

3 Replies 3

I say in my listing that I meet my guests to gove them their door code, check their ID and give a quick tour of their rooms.  When I am contacted for a reservation, I ask them to be sure, if they agree to present their ID when I meet them for checkin. Everyone has agreed and I have no issues over  150 huesys

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Briana147 ! Welcome to the Community Center🌻. You've asked a great question!

There is an Airbnb article that clarifies the do's and dont's about requiring guests to submit their ID at the time of booking. Sharing the article for reference here : (Please note you'll need to scroll a bit and read it from the second heading to know about ID requirements) : 
Airbnb’s Off-Platform Policy .

Hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Briana147 

Here, it is required by law that the guest must submit a copy of their ID/Passport, and we have to upload that information to a Police database. It is completely expected in any accommodation here and nobody thinks twice about it.

We have a copy machine in the villa for that purpose. We make copies when they arrive. Sometimes they offer to send photos or scans of the IDs in advance. But it's not necessary.