Huge change to the review and rating

Eric5317
Level 2
Portland, OR

Huge change to the review and rating

All of you might have noticed that the number of reviews for your properties has dropped significantly. I called Airbnb support to ask about it and was told it is a new feature. From now on, the rating will only be based on the last quarter reviews!!! I have my opinion about that change, but would like to hear what others have to say. 

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eric5317 ! Thanks so much for sharing your concern. I just wanted to clarify that there was an earlier issue impacting Reviews, which has now been resolved by Airbnb. Kindly note that this was a bug and not a new feature.

While many Hosts have shared that the issue seems to be resolved on their end, I wanted to double check if it appears resolved on your end too? In case the issue still persists , do let me know and I'll be happy to report it on your behalf🌻. Please keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

And the review score is a lifetime avg or quarterly avg in the new update ? Thx ! Much confusion 😞

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Pete28 , Review score remains a lifetime average. This issue some of our Host community experienced this week with reviews is not related to the Summer Release. Hope it helps clarify! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines