Hosts BEWARE!!! Airbnb does not have your back and will not cover damages to your property. Aircover is a Farse!

Hosts BEWARE!!! Airbnb does not have your back and will not cover damages to your property. Aircover is a Farse!

I am so frustrated and disheartened by the treatment I have received by Airbnb. Let me start of by explaining that my property is in a different state so repairing damages has taken longer as flights are required. My property suffered extensive damage from my last tenants in a 3 month stay. My property is a small efficient space that really is too small for 2 adults and 2 dogs. The tenants broke the house rules by having 2 dogs while only 1 was permitted.

The dogs must have been left unattended for quite some time, because they chewed a hole in the middle of my floor, requiring me to replace the floor as it cannot be repaired. There were also many other damages like chewed trim, dog scratched drywall, and ruined screen door to name a few. I have clear picture documentation with time stamps.

While the tenants were still in the property, I called Airbnb for guidance on how to handle a few concerns regarding possible damages to the property, so Airbnb has the original concerns documented. I flew to the property upon checkout to make sure I was present just in case my concerns were valid. Well upon my arrival 4 days post checkout I confirmed that my concerns were valid, and I got to work getting quotes for repairs and putting in the elbow grease. I photo documented as I went and finished the cleaning then I flew home.

As I was waiting for the quotes from contractors for repairs I was concerned of the timeline so I called Airbnb to ask if there was a timeframe the request for reimbursement needed to be submitted by, I was clearly told there was no time expiration, it just needed to be submitted before I host my next guest and that I need to make sure to submit request with dated photos and any other supporting documentation.

Once I submitted request, I received an email a few days later from Airbnb saying my request was denied because the request needed to be submitted within 30 days of guest checkout. The guests checked out on 3/2, I submitted my request on 4/2 but because March has 31 days my request was submitted on day 31, 1 DAY late. If I had been given accurate information by the representative, I would have made sure the request was in the day prior.

After multiple emails and phone calls to Airbnb expressing my anger, I was finally connected with an Airbnb supervisor named Ronan. Ronan apologized for my experience thus far and he assured me it wasn't too late to submit the "Request for Reimbursement". I asked for him to email me so I could have it in writing and he did. He asked me to recreate the request and resubmit it and he would personally assist me in making sure it got to the right department. Ronan was going to call me in 1 hour to give me time to recreate the request and then assist me, well he never called me back. I waited until the next day, then submitted it again, just to have it denied...again. The denial email reads they feel this is a fair conclusion to the issue. Fair to who???

I am constantly given conflicting information by Airbnb which has resulted in me having to foot the bill for the repairs and it has also cost me extra time and frustration. The damages to my property are clear and Airbnb should take better care of their hosts, this is very unfair! The main reason I was hosting with Airbnb is because of their Aircover feature, I now know that is a farse. YOUR PROPERTY IS NOT COVERED BY AIRCOVER!!!! PERIOD!!!

0 Replies 0