Guests take away listing's keys

Answered!
Hazel-Ve-Rula0
Level 1
Ankara, Turkey

Guests take away listing's keys

some guests just take the keys with themselves I dont why???

and than I have to make the new keys ...

is it happening to you guys 😅

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

1 Best Answer
Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

@Hazel-Ve-Rula0 Do actually write how much it costs to make new keys and write it along with the house rules. Tell them to return them or ask the resolution centre to take it from them, if they are not transferring you the amount.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

@Hazel-Ve-Rula0 Do actually write how much it costs to make new keys and write it along with the house rules. Tell them to return them or ask the resolution centre to take it from them, if they are not transferring you the amount.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Hazel-Ve-Rula0   If you charge a refundable key fee, it will pay you to get new keys when the guests take them and will encourage the guest to give the keys back to get their money back.

I would have it in your house rules that X dollars is the key fee, and that it will be returned via the resolution center when they return the keys.  I have increased my nightly rate by a few dollars to cover costs like this -- it works out in my favor over the course of time.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hazel-Ve-Rula0, Have you had the chance to read Lorna and Sangeeta's suggestion? It looks like it's worth adding this to your house rules.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It hasn't happened to me in eight years of hosting. Have you looked at getting an electronic key pad fitted which would resolve this issue. @Hazel-Ve-Rula0