Guest is asking about having Baby Shower with 20 adults and 20 children as part of her 1 person 2 night stay...

Scott2084
Level 1
Oroville, CA

Guest is asking about having Baby Shower with 20 adults and 20 children as part of her 1 person 2 night stay...

Asking about booking herself for 2 nights in June at our gorgeous large property. She wants to know if she can have a baby shower here with 20 adults and 20 children.

The listing was posted just as a room in a house (we have 5 bedrooms). 

We think we'd have to tell her the fee structure would be different for this type of event and we're not quite sure how to set the fee. Guests would be here for 4 hours and they would handle setup and cleanup.

We're also in the dark about how our liability would be for something like this. We have 6.5 acres with a Pool, Hot Tub, Pond.

We didn't list our space for events and we don't know what we don't know. I tried posting the question on Reddit, but for unknown reasons the subreddit keeps rejecting the title with no helpful info as to why. Any help greatly appreciated. 

We are new to hosting but have been AirBnB guests many times. 

3 Replies 3

@Scott2084 

That's quite a situation!

As far as liability is concerned, only your business insurance agent can give you a valid answer.

Fees? Seems to me that this guest wants to use your entire property for a party, for the cost of a room in your home for 2 nights. Imho, better she should hire a hall that is set up for events, and peacefully stay in your Room.

Btw, Our House Rules states that we don't allow parties, events or visitors, per our business license regulations.  Our guest limit for our Room is 2 people.

Personally, I'd not agree to hosting this event. Our county business license wisely forbids it.  What does yours say?
This is a whole lot of people, That could cause an enormous strain on parking, plumbing, the acreage.  Anything can happen with 20 children, a pool, pond and hot tub;  and distracted adults. 

Do please let us all know what you decide!

Thank you Kitty-and-Creek0 for your reply. Greatly appreciated!

I think we're leaning that way now also. I really appreciate you taking the time to give your thoughts. 

Cheers!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Run @Scott2084  😀😂