Google calendar sync receiving wrong end dates from Airbnb

Answered!
Terence55
Level 2
Burbank, CA

Google calendar sync receiving wrong end dates from Airbnb

Since entering the summer release program I have been having a couple issues with Calendar sync and the 2 nights between bookings setting not being honored. Airbnb chat support is useless in getting these software bugs reported to the correct people. I can't be the only one having this issue.
If someone is booked from the 15th to the 17th for example, on Google calendar it will show them checking out on the 16th. And the entry is not editable in Google calendar as it is a locked file coming from Airbnb.
I also have the "block the night before and after a booking" setting enabled since Covid. Now, even though that is set, Airbnb is allowing next day bookings. I think these two bugs may be related.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Terence55 @Aaron1026, apologies for the delayed updates.

I wanted to circle back to this thread and let you know that if the host/guest is experiencing issues where reservation check-out dates are being inaccurately displayed on users' Google Calendar previews, Please be advised that this is not an issue on Airbnb's Calendar sync side, but a Google calendar's issue.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Terence55 ,

Has this been resolved for you?

If this issue still persists, please share some screenshots and I will reach out to the technical team for advice.

-----

Not yet. Here are two screengrabs. One is the booking on AirBnB the other is what you sent to Google Calendar. See how the actual checkout day is one day early in Google?What Google Calendar getsWhat Google Calendar gets

AirBnB versionAirBnB version

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Terence55 ,

Thank you so much for sharing the images. I have reached out to the concerned team for further advice. 

I will keep you posted if I receive any update.

-----

has there been any updates to this?  I have the same issue.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Aaron1026, we were looking to have more information about this issue as the time to replicate the issue had passed. Can you share a screen recording through a shareable google drive link and elaborate on your concern a bit ?

Please make sure to include a visual of your Google calendar as well along with the Airbnb calendar.

-----

Here is a link. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jz94x8xNTttLyTpRm5lhPfxdlnmKH9k3?usp=drive_link

Picture 1 is my google calendar and you can see that the dates for my booking show 1 day shorter then the actual booking which is the screenshot from my airbnb calendar.  If you look at the current booking which has a checkout date of Aug 24th(image 2) shows a end date of Aug23rd in my google calendar(image1).  I currently have this calendar setup using the ics URL.  Though I have exported the calendar and gotten the same results.  I am trying to share my with my cleaning crew but at this point I can't because it doesn't show the correct dates.  I am not sure the best option at this point other then manually creating every booking in the calendar.  I can't make them co-hosts becasue I don't want them seeing all booking information.

I have the same issue when trying to import into an Outlook calendar as well.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for sharing the link and images@Aaron1026, I will pass it forward to the tech team if they can advise us further. 

@Terence55 Would you be able to share some new images same as Aaron that demonstrate the issue? A video recording of the same could help dig more into the concern~

-----

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Terence55 @Aaron1026, apologies for the delayed updates.

I wanted to circle back to this thread and let you know that if the host/guest is experiencing issues where reservation check-out dates are being inaccurately displayed on users' Google Calendar previews, Please be advised that this is not an issue on Airbnb's Calendar sync side, but a Google calendar's issue.

-----

Jack2517
Level 1
Saline, United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem. Booking goes from 23- 27th but on Google calendar it shows 23 to 26th. You say it a Google issue, but reading the threads it also happens on Outlook calendar and I think others. It seems the error is within the AbnB URL as it's the source of the information. Are you sure it is not your problem. Incorrect info in, incorrect Info out to all the calendars. Surely tech can figure this out. It will be a big help to everyone who has to manage cleaners. Thanks 

The really frustrating part is that it worked fine before last summer's update.

Thanks Aaron. It's still broken for me also.

Shawn797
Level 1
Hoschton, GA

Hi @Terence55 @Aaron1026  I'm having the same issue with the end dates being wrong on google calendar. Did any of you found a solution?

Thanks!

It's on Google's end. I looked at the text in the file that AirBnB sends to Google and the dates are correct. So Google is screwing up on their end. I submitted it as a bug on the Google side but never heard anything from them.
Maybe if everyone who has this problem points it out to Google they might fix it.