False accusation by a vomiting guest who is also a host! Case manager unresponsive

Bella31
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

False accusation by a vomiting guest who is also a host! Case manager unresponsive

Hi All,

I need help and advice urgently. Below is a message sent to Airbnb via web form ... it tells you everything you need to know.. How do I go about escalating and who do I complain to?

This is a complaint against Case manager Dua (unfortunately I have no full name as it was not provided).

On the 14th April at 8:45am I received a complaint from a neighbour that a guest staying at my property is vomiting out of the window. I made 2 phone calls to Airbnb to report the guest - the first phone call was to report the guest and to agree with Airbnb customer service to go to the property and examine the situation and any damages. Second phone call was made after I left the property to explain how badly I have been treated by the guest Julien, who turns out is also a host himself.

I have provided all details of the incident, screen shot from the neighbour's message and the time of my phone calls to Airbnb and instead of penalising the guest your case manager paused all my listings !!!

For the last 3 days since April 18th I have made numerous phone calls, I have sent emails requesting a phone call from the case manager to no avail. Case manager Dua sent a message promising to call me between 20:30 and 21:30 UK time on 20th April. I did not receive a phone call! My listing is restricted and I am shocked because I have done nothing but to follow Airbnb procedures! I urgently need to speak to someone who can resolve this issue !

I understand the guest has lied and today customer support Airbnb is telling me they are investigating privacy violation!! I did call AIrbnb before I traveled to the property and I was authorised to examine for vomit inside, damage on the furniture and only then I made a visit to the property. I also called AIrbnb as soon as I left the apartment.

Who can help with this issue? I need a senior manager who has the authority to help me resolve this.

Host Bella since 2013!

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bella31 Sadly customer service often provide bad advice. Entering a listing when it is rented is absolutely forbidden and so I guess it is not surprising you have been suspended. All I can suggest is that you contact airbnb and try to get a discussion going with the safety team. It may well be you just have to wait for them to contact you

Thank you Mike and Jane. I don't understand what is a host supposed to do ? If the guest is vomiting outside of the window and possible inside on soft furniture, bed, etc. clearly this person was drunk... so am I just supposed to let them ?

Also, I have followed the advice I was given so I thought I have followed all steps required by Airbnb. 

Someone has promised to call me tonight , let's see what happens. My mental health has been affected and I haven't slept well since Friday 18th..

This is not the Airbnb I know and I have been a host for 10 years!

Somehow along the way Airbnb has left behind all the safety measure and the option for a host to be protected and that is a terribly way to do business.