Booking

Adam2008
Level 1
Surrey, Canada

Booking

I booked a suite but it did not say on the booking that it was an attached house . It says it was a private alone house.  

we want our privacy for my wife and I. 

but it says I cannot cancel. 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adam2008 without seeing the listing it is hard to comment. If you booked a suite however it is hard to imagine how that would have been a stand alone house.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In what situation have you seen a suite which is detached completely from another building @Adam2008 

a suite by its very nature is always a smaller accommodation off the main property.

a suite is self contained it's just part of a larger accommodation. 

@Adam2008 wrote:

I booked a suite but it did not say on the booking that it was an attached house . It says it was a private alone house.  

we want our privacy for my wife and I. 

but it says I cannot cancel. 

It's challenging to comment without details, much like booking a suite—it's tough to visualize how it could resemble a standalone house.

Hi @Adam2008 -

Sounds like you are having a frustrating experience with the booking categories airbnb has created on its website.  

Please do not take your frustrations out on the host. Airbnb creates the description categories and as hosts we have to select the one that best describes our property. 

If #1 priority is privacy and you need to have private, stand alone home, i would offer to pay a penalty fee to the host, and cancel immediately,  as you do not want to ruin your vacation by staying  somewhere you are not comfortable, as it will ruin your trip. 

i would also suggest, unless you are required to walk through the main home to access the “suite”  AT a hotel, when you book a suite, the walls are connected to other either suites or hotel rooms, yet they have a separate entrance. 

In many hotels and 5 star properties when you book your own casita, ‘private home” they are often times attached to other casitas.   The only times i have seen a true, stand alone home in a property, is when the nightly rate exceeds $3-5K a night.  

Good luck, talk with the host, perhaps you can come up with a resolution together