Airbnb has flagged me as a "high risk" guest!?

Airbnb has flagged me as a "high risk" guest!?

I am traveling with a group of professionals to France to attend the Cannes Film Festival where our film was accepted. Airbnb had flagged me as a "high risk" guest, without giving me any reason as to why! I am now not able to book any homes on the platform. I have opened up three different tickets to try and get the issue resolved and my account restored. Even with escalation, I feel like I am getting no where.

Not only am I a responsible guest but I am also a HOST! As a host with my own set of rules, I am very respectful of all Airbnb listings I've stayed and followed any rules they have.

Please, if there is anyone who can help get my account restored I would appreciate it! We are supposed to be in France in two weeks and don't have a place for us to stay now.

Kaila

9 Replies 9

@Kaila54 for the 3 tickets, they were escalated to a supervisor, is that correct? Afaik Airbnb only flag bookings as a high-risk if they detected that it's a potential party. But with the reason why you're booking, that's concerning as to why it was flagged as high-risk. If your tickets are still open, specifically ask if the flagging is related to their anti-party measures. This can help clarify the situation and guide the conversation towards resolving any misunderstandings.

If you feel your concerns are not being adequately addressed by the initial support personnel, you have every right to ask to speak with a supervisor. Supervisors often have more authority and access to additional resources to help resolve complex issues. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your response!

Every ticket has been escalated to a "specialized team," but I get the same response back from a Support Ambassador every time:

"Regarding your recent booking redirection, I wanted you to know that we're taking actions to support safe and responsible travel. This means that guests are prevented from making reservations when a pattern of factors suggests that the booking may present higher safety risks (such as parties)."

But, they refuse to elaborate on what "pattern" I have supposedly committed to make them think I am high risk of having a party.

Is escalating to a "specialized team" the same as a Supervisor? I'm hoping to get to anyone higher, but I can't get through to anyone.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Kaila54 

As @Alicia753 says, this does seem strange as to why you have been flagged as a party risk since you have great reviews.  This sounds like a bug of some sort.  Maybe our community managers @Paula  or @Bhumika can nudge the team that handles this type of thing for you?

Joëlle (host in Cannes😉)

Hi Joelle,

Thank you for you response!

I believe you may be right that it's a bug. If there are any managers that would be willing to talk and help me get to the bottom of this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Kaila

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Kaila54 
I wonder if you have been caught up in the Party Ban bots because they may well include the word 'festival' in there pick up words?

Hello @Helen427 @Kaila54 

Well I hope not because I will be banned shortly if that is the case as it's a word that I and my guests use frequently in connection with the Cannes Film Festival😂  Kaila, look me up if you're still looking for somewhere to stay😉

Darran6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I don't think there is much you can do about this. I had a guest unable to book my listing after their request was flagged as high risk by Airbnb's algorithm. Even when I contracted help, and said I was happy to accept (the booking was for over 2 weeks), Airbnb just outright refused. This is just a policy they now have to show they're using to keep local authorities off their back. The criteria that are considered include guest age, number of previous reviews, listing type (entire property), property location and distance from guest home address. Basically if you're under 23 you'll need to build up at least 3 positive reviews from shared space bookings before you'll be permitted to book entire homes.

In short - get someone else in your group to book.  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

FYI, One could always tag @Brian of these problems that keep arising so he can address it   Meet Airbnb’s official party pooper, who reduced partying by 55% in two years
Published Tue, Sep 19 20231:08 PM EDTUpdated Tue, Sep 19 20234:23 PM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/19/airbnb-party-preventer-naba-banerjee-reduced-parties-55percent-in-tw...

@Kaila54. Given the tight timeframe are you able to get Cathie, your host to make the booking? I am guessing there are more than 6 in your booking request? @Darran6 gave some sage advice.