Need some help with embedding my listing

Shanon-Jordan0
Level 1
Quatre Bornes, Mauritius

Need some help with embedding my listing

Hi there,

I am quite new to Airbnb and I would like to get some help from some experienced people.  My question is about the embedding option that Airbnb offers; is it destined to be used for my website (if I have one) or is there special website that offers this option and where I can embed my listing.  Thank you in advance for your precious help.

9 Replies 9
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shanon-Jordan0,

I found this on the Airbnb website.  Hopefully it is what you are looking for.  Here is a two screenshots or follow the directions below.

embed.png

embed 1.png

You can find available sharing options beneath the Save to Wishlist button on a listing's page. To share a listing, just click the appropriate icon.

If you're a host and have your own website, here's how to embed a preview of your listing:

1. Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com.
  2. Select Your Listing.
  3. Click Manage Listings.
  4. Click the picture or name of the listing you'd like to embed.
  5. While viewing your listing's page, look beneath the Save to Wishlist button and clickEmbed.
  6. We’ll show you a preview of how your listing will appear once embedded. If everything looks OK, click Copy Embed Code in the preview window and a snippet of HTML will be copied to your clipboard.
  7. Paste this HTML into your website where you’d like your listing preview to appear.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you very much for that.  So I would need to set up my own website/blog in order to embed my listing.  If anyone knows a good website or blog where I can advertise (not necessarily embed) my listing please tell me.  I am still in the process of trying to find the best way to make my listing known to the public.  Thanks again.

If you are starting and don't have a website yet, this option is not for you. Even if you create your own website, it will get less visitors than the airbnb site gets. If you open your listing on a browser, you see your direct address in the address bar. It contains the airbnb domain and then room 1234 (your own number evidently) you can print this address on visit cards or send the link by mail. If your listing is interesting for business travelers you can leave cards with big companies, if it's interesting for holidays you can put ads in papers or online in the holiday season and communicate the link to interested persons.

Hi, I've tried this and just get a lot of code when I paste it, I'm sure that's not what's expected.  Can Airbnb advise please?  Is there a phone number or email address to get in touch with Airbnb?

Many thanks

Lindsay

Me too, I get a huge paragraph of code.  that's not clickable even.  waahhh.  Help, I need this link on my Wedding Wire site.

The long URL can be shortened to this format:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

This is the part of the URL "code" that you are looking for.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

May I ask how you made the link clickable?  When I copy and paste the link it is just a string of text.

I can't find the embed code. Used it a while ago, but not at all findable anymore.

Any idea, maybe airbnb deleted this option? The explanation in the site does not help me further, that is for sure.

It has moved - goto "account settings" > "badges" > then click your listing > "copy html"