what are the LEVEL rankings?

Jonathan49
Level 2
Otsu, Japan

what are the LEVEL rankings?

I see I am level 1 what does it mean and why does nobody tell you from airbnb ...too busy counting the money no doubt !

19 Replies 19
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Jonathan49, basically it means that some of us have more time on our hands than others. 😉 

Hosts that post frequently to the forum (asking but mainly answering questions) go up in level, which stops at 10.  But we just keep trucking on. 

Odd I have never posted anything ...I think ,, but am a level 10 ?

lucky me !

@Jonathan49, no, you're Level 1. 😉

thanks ...think someone has too much time on their hands at airbnb!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's like superhost status - utterly meaningless to the guest booking as they loook at reviews and photos - but it makes us hosts feel good.

Ha! I noticed you were Level 10 when you replied to my Guest Review question. I thought it must mean something like a sort of Airbnb guru/zen master!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jonathan49 Everything that @Gerry-And-Rashid0 and @Donna15 said is true.  I would only add that a Level 10 can, and sometimes is, a total and complete idiot while a Level 1 could be an expert in all things Airbnb so don't discount them.   Like Super Host status, it's Airbnb dangling carrots in front of us!

Rebecca44
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Good, how funny! I noticedthe levels myself. 

Rhonda20
Level 2
Mobile, AL

Thanks for explaining guys, I always thought it was based in how much money you have made during the year!

Thanks for the explanation.

I was Level 1 when I posted an item critical of Airbnb's pricing suggestions. After I answered a few comments from other hosts, my Level changed to 4. I thought I was being victimised by Airbnb for being constructively critical!

Airbnb might try some actual customer service instead of these inane rankings.

Mark-And-Jamie0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Where do you see the rankings?

Michelle788
Level 2
Cairns, Australia

Thanks for the explanations everyone!

Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi there, does having a higher level help with your listing getting views or is that super host status?