reviews

reviews

Hi - If a guest gives  a 4 star rating for accuracy because "there wasnt a kitchen sink" but we say in our listing "There are no kitchen facilities", is there nothing I can do about it ? Thank you.

14 Replies 14
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Not really.  Most guests do not read the entire listing, so you'll come across this a time or two.  4 stars is still good and will wash out once you get more reviews.

🙂 Thank you so much thats helpful 🙂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Christine424 things like that happend all the time... guests don't read, don't look at the pictures or the map, don't think, don't ask, don't tell anything ... and then complain about location, value, this and that...

yes, you can do something: breath in... breath out.... smile... move on... forget spoiled brats.... life is great... 🙂

Love you - I know your right - I will ride my horse and start again. I just wanted to be a super host and not get 4 stars 🙂

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

4 stars is better than 3 stars. So take it with a grain of salt and move on. Just like how people booked my home and knew what the price is yet they still rated 4 stars for 'best for value' and we are one of the lowest airbnb in the area. Sometimes you just have to smh and move on to the next.

@Emma94  Ugh, I hear ya!  We got a 3-star for value once because "the bathroom being outside the bedroom was inconvenient."  Really??  I state clearly in my listing that the bathroom and bedroom are NOT adjoining.  Jerk.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The changes in the review system do give Hosts better opportunities to have a review taken down.

Used to be that the rating was purely subjective, now if someone goives you a bad rating for a reason that is their own fault for tnot reading the review you can and should challenge with AirBnB.

David

Thank you David - I will move on from this one, 🙂  but I am interested that if I do want to challenge a review in the future I can get in touch with Air B & B directly ? How do you do that ?

I am really loving the whole thing, its so easy, and I love hosting, I'm working things out slowly. How do the Levels change - if you are Level 10 how many times have you hosted ?

Tweet or call them, seems to take a looong time for them to pick up. Remeber the only person really interested in protecting your business is you.

Numbers are in the Community Help section.

Levels relate to how much time you have wasted posting on this forum.

David

Thank you - thats really helpful.

Pedro190
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

I had people coming and getting surprised when they realise I live in the apartment, when that is clearly stated in the listing plus I'm letting a "private room" and not "entire place". I had 2 guys that were left 3 min walk away from my place by the uber driver. I found them on my own and walked them into the apartment explained everything with a smile like I always do, in the end got 3 stars for check-in, 3 stars for accurancy (apparently the room was smaller then it looks on the photos, and I took the photos with my mobile phone, no fish lens nor any tricky angles) and 3 stars for location, when its clearly marked on the map with accurate walking distances from main attractions and locations in the city. Hopefully all the 30+ reviews I got before were always 5 stars, so I think it's clearly who is looking at things from the wrong angle here! I often get comments how much better the apartment actually looks compared to the photos I have. I guess some guests are just harder to please... or just not very smart!

Make sure to save the number in your phone once you have it.  When you become a Super Host, you get priority answering on the help line, which comes in handy.

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Christine424 nothing, but patience! 🙂 

I believe we all have experiences with guests who don't actually read the texts, who always look for a reason to complain or who give unfair and stingy ratings. You can't do much, but you can try writing about your kitchen in more than one place in your description. 

Anyway, don't worry, if you are a good host, these guests are a small percentage, they don't affect you in anything. 

Keep going!

In this thread, you will find how to Contact Airbnb!

[links hidden]

Danielle174
Level 1
Tokyo, Japan

I have had the same experience twice in a row, guests expecting exclusive access despite it listed as a private room and in the Guest Access description it says "We will be staying in the home but have our own bedroom that we can retreat to if you want to use the living area.". I received a private review comment regarding accuracy, yet the guest also said he thinks he didn't read it all. But I am the one that loses stars. 

So today I have been a bit concerned as to whether I will continue to get this kind of expectation but I'm quite sure the above confirms the type of listing.

@Pedro190  you have made me feel a bit better about it after reading your post. I was considering asking all my confirmed guests that what they were expecting but don't want to appear unprofessional. 

I will do my best to accept these and move on. Thanks.