01-17-2017 02:51 PM
I summerize a few of my, easy to do, suggestions how to make your guests feel exceptionally. Hope you find some of them useful.
- get a small blackboard and prior guests arrival write welcome note in their own language. Maybe even draw symbol of the city or country where they come from. Guests will be impressed with your attention.
- if guests leave your place clean be sure to tell them that! Guest will be very pleased and feel great that you noiced it.
- having a guest with a baby or maybe a pet? Leave baby bibs or baby rattle. Guest will be really suprised and overwhelmed that you remember their yungest one. Or maybe a pet cookies for their furry friend.
- I suggest to visit all best places to see and save the exact google location coordinates on your cell phone and send them to your guests explaining where each Google shared location leads to. They will appreciate your informations and enjoy your recommendations that only locals know and can not be found in any tourist guidebooks and brochures.
- during the stay of your guests always ask is everithing OK and do they need something. Guests will see you as careful and easily reachable host whom they can turn to at any time if needed.
- before guests arrival buy a souvenir of your city and place it out of the eye reach. On the check out day message them wishing safe back home and tell them to take a look at that "hidden place". It will create that WOW! effect and your guests will be amazed with your attention.
01-18-2017 04:09 AM
Your information was very helpful. I am a new host and am trying to get advice on how to make our place better. We've had one renter so far but many views. How do I get people in the door? Your information is great once people are in. I also cannot figure out how to start my own thread in these messages....and I cannot find any support at all through Airbnb? Any information you can give me?
01-18-2017 04:44 AM
Great post @Blagoje - I do enjoy reading all the tip posts you share here in the CC. :)
@Shari, lovely to meet you and to hear you have found this a great help. In terms of your questions, so that they don't get lost in this thread and so that it is easier for others to reply to Blagoje's post about tips, I would suggest creating a new conversation with your questions in the Community Help board. Welcome to the world of hosting! :)
Can you solve the code? Take a look here!
Looking to contact the Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.
a month ago
Try selecting INSTANT BOOKING to ON. This makes an enormous difference. There are many guests who don't even consider booking with any host who doesn't allow INSTANT BOOKING.
The other thing we did in the early stages was offer very cheap pricing - you can then revert to normal pricing when you have a handful of good reviews.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I love your advice about blackboard, can imagine myself impresed when something like that welcome me in apartment.
Do you put some cold water in refrigerator to refresh guest when they arrive? or some small boxes of butter and marmelade, or some similar things...something like welcome kit.
I was thinking to do such thing, but some experiences of host shows that this can be a double-edged sword....
2 weeks ago