Suddenly my bookings just stopped.

Jolana0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Suddenly my bookings just stopped.

Hi. I am new to Airbab (London). I have managed to get regulare enquires/bookings until 10 days ago when it suddently all stoped and I don't know why and what to do. I have instatn booking, smart pricing, 100% responce rate and commitment rate, good pictures, I am working on my advert on daily bases, I have even dicounted the price. I have no reviews as yet as my first booking is in April. Would sombody be able to help/advice me why the enquiries has suddently stoped and what can be done to start again? I am a bit lost at the moment. Thanks a lot.

6 Replies 6
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Same here.  Other hosts around me (United States) have noticed it.

I honestly think it has to do with our politics and the travel ban.

People are a little spooked about leaving the country and being able to return.

Did you normally have many American travellers?

Interesting comment. No I have a mix of nationalities. So hope that is not the reason. 

Looking at your calendar, there are a lot of unavailable dates for your place until August now.

As you have taken a fair lot of bookings already for spring and summer, it's going be slower due to the more limited availability when people search.

I guess you will fill in the gaps in your calendar though soon enough - so keep calm and carry on.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jolana0  You have a lovely listing!  I am sure you will be successful.  I agree with @Elena87 in that your calendar is quite blocked for the next three months.  I see that you have a high number of viewings in the last week.  I once spoke with an Air BNB system engineer (I was at the Los Angeles Open last November) who shared with me that statistically travelers book reservations 8 to 30 days in advance.  The exception would be for large events, such as music festivals.  Good luck in your business.

Ramona14
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Same as happened to me and a friend of mine who lives in another area had complained to me about a month before ? Any suggestions ??

@Jolana0 
I have noticedt the same thing: my booking enquiries come in waves. If one comes, it is almost a guarantee that I will have an extra few on the same DAY. Then, however, there tends to be a very long period of absolutely no activity on travellers' behalf. This has nothing to do with my own actions on the website or any updates of the listing or calendar. I still havent figured out why this is the case, it's really annoying.