Strange booking request.

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

Strange booking request.

About 30 minutes ago I got an inquiry from a prospective guest. He wanted to know if I could accomodate four people.

I responded that I could, and even though he had a new account with no reviews, he had a verified ID, phone number, and connected Google account. I pre-approved the inquiry.

About ten minutes later, I got a booking request by someone else of the same name, but a different picture. Completely different account. It does look like the same person, but it's hard to say for sure. The request was accompanied by the message: "Hello Jamie, This is my second account. I just inquired you for 4 people. Thanks"

The first inquiry that I pre-approved is showing expired. Apparently he removed his request.

This second account has no reviews, no verified ID, and no connected accounts.

Red flag to me. Should I decline this one?

Jamie

5 Replies 5
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jamie69 To play it safe, do decline. In your message, mention your uncertainty/confusion. If the person is legit, they'll clear it up. If they don't, you've dodged a problematic/needy guest.

i agree 100% it could be a third party booking red flag !

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

No guest needs two accounts unless they're trying to pull one over on someone.  I would avoid.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1   it is amazing the learning curve is steep so many people are hosting and haven't a clue what to do.

but for the most part common sense seems to work  best. 

Is this directed to me?