Published one way reviews (?)

Published one way reviews (?)

I have noticed 2 examples where I have provided a review but the guest or host have not given me a review, yet my review appears on their profile?  

I thought for reviews to go public both parties need to provide a review?

9 Replies 9
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

No. Reviews are published when you both leave a review , or if only one leave a review it will be published after 14 days

Thanks @Branka-and-Silvia0 .  Yes you are correct.  "You have 14 days to complete your reviews, and if only one of you has completed a review in that time, we’ll make it public after the review period ends."

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jo86 - sounds like you may need to brush up on your review knowledge.  Read here:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 I am familiar with this, Thank you.  This article makes reference to having 14 days for guest and host to write a review but doesn't make reference to in the event only one makes a review whether or not this review goes public.    

Mary335
Level 1
New Zealand

I am struggling with writing reviews as I do not get to meet the guests who stay in our self contained bach.

I am limited to either email communication or phone contact.  Any suggestions on writing meaningful effective reviews for hosts who are in absentia?

@Mary335  That is an important question, so thank you for raising it.  Depending on how involved you are with your listing, I would imagine you do have people who can give you feedback as to the condition of the listing after the guest checks out.  Also, if you have communication with the guests or if you have a co-host, you should be able to gather information about the guest communicated, etc.

I think most hosts are looking for a review to help them make a decision to accept a reservation request.  Remote hosts are probably more concerned about the condition of the listing while hosts of a shared space are more concerned about the safety of accepting a stranger into their home.  Looking at the review from that prospective, if you can provide insight into the guest behavior in an honest, professional way, it is most appreciated by the host community.  Again, thank you.

Do I review a guest who did not turn up?  We were in communication for two days, the day she was supposed to come, and the next day, but she was ill, and despite trying to get here, had to turn back, so did infact not cancel - just didn't turn up.

@Lesley58  If the reservation was cancelled by the guest hopefully, neither of you will be prompted to review.  If the guest just let the reservation stand even if she did not stay, the system will probably send you a review prompt.

@Lesley58  If your guest did not end up coming but did not cancel their reservation, there is no grounds for a review.  It is actually against Airbnb policy to write a review for a person that did not stay.