Problems adding new host profile

Julie165
Level 2
Totnes, United Kingdom

Problems adding new host profile

I suggested a friend as a host. She however is finding that there are sections missing when adding her profile. For example there seems to be nowhere to add a fee for extra guests. ..or space to expand on her description. She has contacted airbnb who sent her a link but she just does not have that information coming up. I have looked at her profile, which is not yet 'live' and the layout seems very different to mine. Should we just keep badgering airbnb? Has anyone else had this problem? thanks

11 Replies 11
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Julie165  Your friend needs to publish her listing before she can add a detailed description and possibly other edits as well.  

Julie165
Level 2
Totnes, United Kingdom

Thanks Clare for your reply.  We are now sorted.

Although I wish that they ( airbnb) would make this clear for newcomers.

@Julie165 Me too!  🙂

Lyn20
Level 1
Towradgi, Australia

Thank you very much, I think I will change it back to her and then add me as a co host. Thanks Clare

Kindest regards

Lynne

@Lyn20 You're welcome. Do let me know how you get on!  Use the @ with my name so I'll see it in my email inbox. 

Ilona7
Level 1
El Segundo, CA

Hello, My husband and I both would like to receive text alert for a new booking or inquiry.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I have added his phone, however he does not receive any notices.

thank you 

Ilona

@Ilona7 I believe that Airbnb can only send text messages to one phone number.  However, Airbnb is slowly rolling out an Additional Host feature which would allow for more than one host.  You can read about it here: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1243/what-are-additional-hosts

Some hosts in Europe and in the US have this feature, but not all.  Check your Edit Listing drop down menu from time to time and look for Management.  That's where you'll see the feature when it becomes available to you.  

Until then...happy hosting!

Lyn20
Level 1
Towradgi, Australia

I have followed the instructions however the email that my friend who wants to be a co host gets is this;

You can’t accept an invite for your own listing

Contact the host to be invited again. The invitation must be sent to lynne@webnoise.com.au.

Learn more about co-hosts.

Background: I took over the listing from my mum and changed the contact details to be mine. Now I want to add mum as co host now that this feature is available. BUt it is not letting me.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

@Lyn20 Thanks for the background!  Problem is that your Mum is still the host of record even though you have changed the contact info.  Listings can't be switched from one host to another.  If you don't want to create a new listing with you as host, best for your Mum to add you as co-host.  Does that make sense?

Lyn20
Level 1
Towradgi, Australia

Hi Clare, thanks for your quick response. 

The problem is now that my mum cannot log in for some reason. Can two of us be able to log into the one account? I can see where I can add two phone numbers for notification but not two emails?

apprecaite your help

Lynne

@Lyn20 Since one uses email (most of the time, unless you log in through Social Media: Facebook, etc.) to login it makes sense to me that your Mum can't log in if you changed the email to yours.  Do you want to give your Mum the password to your email account?

(I wouldn't give my Mum my password! 🙂  )  I'd change it back to hers and then have her add you as co-host.  That way you'll get to where you want to go (i.e. manage things) while she still remains the official host on Airbnb's records. 

Or, she could simply de-activate her account and the listing and you set it up from scratch.  You'd lose the reviews though.