Listed price on search higher then my actual listed price

Alex26
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Listed price on search higher then my actual listed price

I need some help my accutual list price on my listing is set for $55 but when i do a search my listing showing up for $76 why?

I need my listing to reflect the price i listed at so i can get bookings. Please help ASAP

18 Replies 18
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Alex26,

Let me try and explain what I think is happening.  If I search your property without any dates entered, it will provide me with your "base price" which is the amount you put under your "Base Price" under "Pricing".  Now if I search putting dates in, it will then show me the prices you have in your calendar.

Does this make sense?

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for the responce but this is not whats happening. 

My base price on my listings are:

Listing suite #1 & 2  is  listed for $49.00 and calander also reflects $49.00 but on search it shows for $81.00 wich is wrong 

Listing suite #4 is  listed for $39.00 and calander also reflects $39.00 but on search it shows for $66.00 wich is wrong 

Listing suite #3 is  listed for $59.00 and calander also reflects $59.00 but on search it shows for $91.00 wich is wrong 

At current wrong search prices i will never book my suites.

I need to know how to fix this wrong pricing so it reflect the correct listed price on the search 

This happened to me all summer. I listed my home for $200 per night and after someone booked it, they contacted me and asked why my rate was so much higher than the other homes in my area. I said it was priced accordingly and they said, $260 is really high!

Now I've listed my other home for $150 and I just searched for it and Airbnb.com has it listed at $190 which IS way too much for my area!

On top of that, they don't give you the cleaning fee. 

This needs to be explained. 

Alex, did you get this resolved because not only is it happening to me, but it is causing me to be priced out of the market and it's affecting my bookings. 

Sue14
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Did you figure out how to fix this Alex?

Dale-M0
Level 1
Niagara Falls, Canada

I would love to know if this has been resolved.  I am a host but I am also looking to do some traveling the first couple of weeks of December.  When I look at a place it says the price is X but when down the side where they list the total cost for the number of nights I've requested the nightly rate is considerably higher in almost every case, sometimes as much as double the price that shows up with the picture.  It's frustrating.  I don't know what's within my budget because of this and it is making my search much longer than it needs to be.  

The same thing is happening to me.  The price I have on my calendar and on my base price is much lower than the price that is showing when someone does a search.  This is a huge problem and is causing me to lose guests that would otherwise be interested.  Please can someone tell me how to fix this?

I have listed my space at $70

When you do a search on AirBnB is shows $95 (which is too high)

My base price is $70

I am not using instant booking

I have deleted and re-entered the prices but this did not correct the problem.

Why is the price on AirBnB search different than my base price?

How can I fix this?

How do I ask AirBnB for support?

Thank you

Vandana5
Level 2
Colombo, LK

This is the same problem i am having. It is showing more than what is the actual price. 

Ann175
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

I'm a frustrated AirBNB host. Ive never been able to get the hang of it's procedures probably because I have operated from another much simpler holida accommodation site for many years. I have just recived a 3 night enquiry and the potential earnings is showing way too high (ie one night is $450.00 and yet the earnings is showing $587.00 per night which is about 30% higher. That cnat be right?! Its no wonder I havent had an inquiry for many months if this is happening. Obviously this particular guest is happy to pay that price but I want to do the correct thing and work out the appropriate rate including the 6-12% fee. 

Does anyone know who I can speak to if anyone at AirBNB? Is it actually possible to speak with them at all? What do they do with all of the income they are getting if we cant speak with them directly?

I am having the same issue! What is going on? I am brand new and have no idea how to fix this.

Ah. I was hoping for some answers here.

I am having the opposite problem. I have fixed certain weeks at a higher price to reflect demand at that time, but guests are still able to book random nights at my base price durign these peak times.

Is there no contact number for Airbnb? They telphoned me when I was just settign up and didn't complete my listing, but I didn't save the message witht the number...

This also happened to me as well. Wow! I am pretty sure I manually changed the price for a specific weekend (4 days) in June. Then I get a booking request for that weekend, but only 2 of the 4 nights I changed reflected the higher price. I was annoyed but excepted the booking thinking it may have been my mistake. Live and learn! But I am preatty sure I changed all 4 days. So now I am wondering...I hope we can get some answers here.

William-and-Carlos0
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

There are plenty of people having the same problem I am having but no response from Air BNB on how to correct it----Has anyone found a solution for the discrenpancy in LISTED price (usually much higher) and the base price manually selected display on host calendar. HELPPPPPPPPP

@William-and-Carlos0  Here's what is happening. I am using my place as an example since I know the rates. It

is the Live Oak Vineyard listing:

In this first picture you will see I did a search with no dates put in and it is showing the listing at $199 which is my weekday price for 8 and under. 

Screenshot (71).png

Now in this second photo. I did a search using 2 weekdays for the nights booking using an actual date. Now the nightly price is showing $284 not the $199. Here is what is happening they are taking the $199 +$199 for the two nights and adding in my cleaning fee of $170. Dividing the total cost of $586 by 2 for a 2 night stay and that is where the $284 price is coming from. Does this make sense to you?

Screenshot (70).png