Inaccurate Listing

Inaccurate Listing

My listing continues to get canceled and flagged as an inaccurate listing. I always let my guests know what is available in the apartment in detail. Its no Atlantis Resort but its a nice cheap place to put your stuff while you are exploring. I take photos of the place in its entirety and haven't doctored anything. I am upfront when I tell them there is no kitchen sink as yet. Moreover, there is no kitchen sink in the photos! I am very careful in making sure that my guests are comfortable as well. I ask them twice a day whether or not they are ok or if they need anything. After the 2nd or 3rd day of their stay they would either leave and forget to cancel, ask me to forgo my cancellation policy, take my keys and sneak back in, and the list goes on . What can I do? I don't think I can be a superhost with this many flags 😞

One thing I thought of doing is to not book anyone who has recently created a profile because these are the people who are flagging and canceling my listing, afterwards running to some hotel. However, that seems hypocritical to me because I am a new host and I want people to give my place a shot. I've begun to do some renovations like painting, improving the kitchenette, and adding a piece of furniture here or there but I am at my wit's end. 

Any advice?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ashley109 I suppose you think of Cosy island studio listing? Well, you say there is a kitchenette but there isn't. Just fridge. Kitchenette should at least have microwave owen, toaster, water cooker.

You say there is dining area but all I can see is a table. No chairs.

I think there is a lot of place for improvement... 😞 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Sorry you are having difficulties.

The best thing is to take control of the situation.

Even though you are using Instant Book, You must message your guest and confirm that you have no kitchen sink.

You must also ask them to acknowledge the missing sink.

Something like:

"So that you may understand and have a good time here in the Bahamas, you do realize there is NO sink in the kitchenette.

Is that OK?"

At this point guest may cancel, but that is better than a disgruntled guest. You won't have to worry about this because everything is out in the open and you will find that guest who is not bothered by your offering.

Thank you. I have begun doing this and I have also purchased a kitchen sink among other items to add to the place. 🙂