I'm a new host and I was rated not too appealing on my listing.

Haydee1
Level 1
Brooksville, FL

I'm a new host and I was rated not too appealing on my listing.

They suggested I lower the price. I feel that $50.00 a night with a private room and private bathroom in a quiet community is a very good deal. Please someone help me with my listing. Perhaps my photos do not tell it all.

I have two cotton chennille bathrubs, one emergency kit, one personal kit, all white cotton linnen and all white towels. I put fresh flower in the room if guest does not object and a tray of goodies with a little surprice gift. I provice high end soaps and body wash. I also buy extra toothbrushes and toothpaste. My place is spotless. When I have entertained guestin the past 3 years  they do not want to leave the room! Help! How do I remove the photos online and post new ones?

6 Replies 6
Sara84
Level 2
Matthews, NC

It seems you are doing a lot to improve the guest experience. If I were you, I will reevaluate the house deco, sometimes just a new paint, a new set of sheets will make the room looks nicer. Clean up everything from the room and only leave the things will be needed for the guest. Also taking good pictures makes BIG difference. You can add new photos and delete the old ones through the "managing the listing"

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Most people ignore the suggested ABB prices, they rairely seem logical. You no doubt have a good odea of the local going rate.

David
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Haydee1, who said you were not appealing? AirBnB? I think the photos look fine, a pleasant spotless room, with bathroom. Seems good to me! If anything, you could add a little about yourself in your profile, such as what you do for a living, what kind of person you are, why you want to host guests in your home. When I am a guest I like to read that kind of thing if I am going to stay in someone's house. Or/and expand the written listing description. Soon the bookings will come and you will feel much better.

good luck.

Brandee0
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi Haydee!
I tried to see your listing I couldn't seem to access it. Could you include a link?

I just wanted to say though, that although we strive to give the best we possibly can, you still have to remember you are dealing with the public. And a whole lot of it! All you can do is your best and then hope that it's enough. You have to remember that not everyone is reasonable and you can never please everyone! I'm brand new to this myself and I've already had to come to terms with that! I've hosted 5 groups already all of who have "raved" that everything was was great and yet one never bothered to give me a review and another rated me four stars for things like accuracy, cleanliness, and value!!! No one realizes the affect this has on us. That apartment was spotless!!! Brand new linens and sheets and not so much as a smudge on the dishes.. Even she said in her review that the apartment was EXACTLY as the pictures but in her rating put 4 stars for accuracy.. Isn't that a contradiction ? Some people are just difficult and you can't lose sleep over it. Just keep doing your best and it will be a success. The majority of people will see you are offering a good " product" and be happy with the reasonable price and all your are offering.
Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

I don't see any reviews. Who rated you as not too appealing? I thought the photos made the space look very clean, bright and inviting. It looks high end with little extra touches.

A few things you might want to consider:

Looks like you are a new host. Do you want instant book? (You may be one of the lucky ones that were not given a choice.)

Also, it is sent as flexible cancellation which is the default. You might want to consider moderate.

I think the price seems very fair, but at the bottom of the listing other places are shown that are similiar and they are all a bit cheaper. I think your price seems fair, but you might want to consider dropping it just a little or dropping the cleaning fee just until you get some reviews.

You also might want to add a little information about yourself and perhaps a photo where you are smiling.

Hope some of this is helpful. Good luck and happy hosting!

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Haydee1 I think your place looks lovely, the photos are excellent and the price very reasonable (even more so for a couple). Ignore the price tips and don't use smart pricing. You know your area, what you are offering and what is a good price. AirBnB don't!