Bookings well in advance.

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

Bookings well in advance.

I'm a fairly new host. My first guests were in December of 2016.

So far, I've hosted ten times. Of those ten, one person booked about ten days in advance. The rest of them were all around 3-5 days in advance. One was same-day, and another was just a day in advance. I'm ok with last-minute bookings, but it made me wonder...

When I read some of the postings in the Community, people talk about having bookings months in advance. Is that typical? Does it vary by locality?

I'm not picky, and maybe it's just the season, but I'm wondering if there's something different I should be doing to get those distant bookings.

Jamie

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jamie69  While I don't allow same day booking, I have received reservations a year in advance!  That is because I am in an area where there are many events and travelers need to secure a place to stay in advance.  Are there special events in your area?  That would drive reservations in advance.

Well, I'm in the suburbs, so that might have something to do with it.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I think it definitely depends on the area.  If you are in a major vacation area, you will probably see reservations well in advance since families plan these types of things well in advance.  In my experience, I'm usually only booked out 2-3 weeks in advance.