AirBnb Website issues with Safari

AirBnb Website issues with Safari

I have been an AirBnB member since June and over that time have done well with only one or two minor issues. I have had 26 Positive reviews of our property, but since Friday last have had a disastrious set of issues with the AirBnB site. This mirrired an experience before Xmas also with the site. Firstly I should point out that I own and run 4 very successful IT companies including one world beating Software company with customers in 26 countries - so I know stuff about IT systems.

The first issue occured last year with my Calendar. Basically it got completely out of sync with the Calendar showing not just to me, but anyone looking at my listing that there was two 4th of a month, with every subsequent day out of kilter till the end of that month ie the date listed as the 5th was actually the 6th and so on. I even had a clash of bookings. AirBnB insisted it was a problem with everyone's browsers and that we all needed to change to Google Chrome. My software currently (the software my company designs and sels) currently provides On Line acess through the Government Portals for Australian federal Government , 5 States & teritories and many other  Corporate & Government customers. In our Development labs we have 14 different broswrs and we test access to the software against all of them. Why doesnt AirBnB???

Next last Friday, I found that none of my messages that I responded to potebtial gusts were showing up in my Inbox,, nor in reply to the messages I was sending to people - this meands I have been losing bookings!.

My latest issuyes is its saying that no In messages can be loaded into my Inbox.

Finally I tried to update some daily prices in my Calendar and it keeps aying the same words:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again

AirBnB Telephone number in Sydney 02-85203333 so called Help person told me the only option is to download Google Chrome.

This I will not do as it keeps displaying Pop up ads . Something which I detest.

Come on AirBnB. You have obviously done a Web server update over the weekend and go it wrong. Lift your game place.

A disgruntel Host!

44 Replies 44
Isabelle3
Level 5
Leura, Australia

I converted to Chrome and no issues since 🙂

Hi how did you go from safari to chrome thanks my calendar and browser not working

I refuse to use Chrome, google's spy browser. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrew28,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. Just to introduce myself I am the Online Community Manager for the English speaking area here. I am sorry to hear you are having these issues this does sound rather strange, can I ask are you still experiencing these problems?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello, i have same problems on safari, and now on app also, i can only see departures, and no arrivals, please fix that because now its chaotic for me

As the online Community Manager, are you aware that Airbnb has huge issues with Safari? Every time I call them for assistance on unrelated issues, they acknowledge being aware of the fact that AirBnb doesn't work well with Safari. How come every other major website in the world works just fine with Safari, but AirBnb can't get their act in gear to work with the millions of customers who use Safari? Big mystery! It probably has to do with money, just like everything else, but if it is, it is definitely self-serving, because it inconveniences a whole lot of customers. I have had problems with AirBnb and Safari for months, but I haven't had time to post anything about it, and they don't seem motivated to take care of the problem. I suspect that many more hosts and guests are inconvenienced than have written or spoken to them about it.

Judy219
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

I'm having this problem too! OMG! I didn't realize how prevelant this is.  I totally depend on Airbnb fo my income.  Now I'll go on other sites as well. Anyone searching on Safari see my calendar as unavailable all year.  Hence my recent low inquiries...

I am also using Safari (and do not want to switch) and recently, for the last 2 months,  I am completely unable to accept and/ or respond to new inquiries and reservation requests.   The website will not allow it.  I am shut out of my site.   This is a very new development.  It always worked before. 

If this is a result of Airbnb not wanting to accommodate Safari,   I will have to stop using Airbnb.  My other sites work just fine.

Please advise.

Hi Mary Jane,

I must agree with Rocky, who posted recently, that this is a deliberate choice on the part of Air bnb to not fix the problem. I check our listing frequently from Safari, sometimes we are there, sometimes we are not. I've decided to continue to advertise with Air, for the time being. We also advertise with their competition. 

Cathy

im having the same problem, will have to join other sites

what other sites are there? I am getting so sick of airbnb. Thanks

It seems to me that there is a certain arrogance on the part of AirBnB to have made a decision to snub millions of Apple users. They are most likely snubbing Safari for economic reasons that they are not telling us about.

Let's see: there are millions of websites easily compatible with Safari, including one of the largest in the world, Facebook. So, you are telling us, AirBnB, that with all your resources, you couldn't make your website interface properly with Safari if you wanted to? Really? You must think that your customers have just fallen off the turnip truck, if you believe that.

Your customers - the ones that are the source of your ginormous profits - are not happy that you are ignoring the fact that they are no longer able to use AirBnB properly on their iPhones or on their default browser on their desktops.

You ignore us at your peril, AirBnB. This kind of blatant disregard for your customers does not bode well for your future. Greater companies than yours have been brought to their knees due to their arrogance.

Please listen to your customers before it is too late and FIX the Safari issue as you know you should!

@Rocky2 , I wonder if it is arrogance - it might " just" be ineptitude across the board. There are issues and problems every 5 minutes, everywhere, but nothing gets fixed, new products (with more mistakes) are getting rolled out instead. It is indeed tiresome and very annoying...

I would like to believe that it's "ineptitude," but that seems very unlikely. If a billion-dollar company doesn't put resources behind problems that need to be fixed, in my experience it's a conscious choice not to direct resources there. The idea is that these problems are "small annoyances" that the market can beat, but at some point these "small problems" suddenly turn into "large headaches" at which point they become a lot harder to deal with...