Air BNB wont accept my listing

Daniel516
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Air BNB wont accept my listing

Hi,

I've tried to list my room on three different computers now, on three different wifi networks, and each time I do it, it says at the final stage "Something went wrong, it could be that the internet connection went down, please try again". My Internet was working at all three places I tried so I'm at a loss as to what it could be. This is my first time using Air BNB btw. My housemate (who has already listed another room in our house) said it may be because our address is already listed, although I'm skeptical of this as I'm sure that if process had rejected me based on the address, then it would've rejected me as soon as I put my address in (at the start) rather than at the final stage of the process.

Can someone please help me?!

Thanks,

Daniel

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniel516

I think your housemate may be right. In any case it's a technical question which we, as a forum of hosts can't answer.

Why not give Airbnb a call? 2nd post Community Help forum - CONTACT AIRBNB if you don't have the contact details.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniel516,

I understand you must be frustrated about this. This issue has been reported by other hosts on this thread and some are suggesting trying a different browser and clearing your cache to avoid it.

The best option at the moment however seems to be to use the app on your phone or ipad to publish your listing - hosts are finding that this is working as it should. 

I am collecting feedback and sending it back to Airbnb to try and get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Let us know how you get on!

Kirstie

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniel516,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue preventing you from publishing your listing. I am very pleased to update you that this has now been resolved. 🙂

If you haven’t already published your listing, the quickest way to proceed with this is to take the following steps:

1. Close your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) and open a new browser session. Visit airbnb.com and login to your account
  2. Visit ‘Your Listings’ tab under your Host Dashboard
  3. Click the Red ‘Finish Listing’ button
  4. Click on Step 2: “Continue" and fill out any remaining information (note: You may have to re-enter your description, title, or photos)
  5. Click 'Publish Listing'!

We are really sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Please do let me know how you get on and if you have any additional questions on this.

Thanks,

Kirstie