1 Property, 3 Listings (multiple configurations)

Rob131
Level 4
Baltimore, MD

1 Property, 3 Listings (multiple configurations)

I own a property that I plan on AirBnBing in the next few weeks. I've got 1 property but 3 logical configurations with which it could be rented:

-- UNIT #1 - 2BR/2BA apartment sleeping 6

-- UNIT #2 - Efficiency with 1 Bed and 1 Sleep Sofa

-- COMBINED - They are adjacent/attached and could be rented as one big place by a large group

Should I make 3 separate listings on AirBnB?

If I make 2 listings and simply tell people they can book both, then bigger groups searching for a place will never find my place or know that I can accommodate them. If I list only the combined configuration, individual travelers and smaller groups will rule my place out because it's too expensive and has too much space.

However... it just doesn't seem right to split 1 address into 3 separate AirBnB listings, especially when there will be overlapping pictures that may confuse people. I'm stumped with how to best list this property!

Any advice? Or can someone point me in the right direction?

11 Replies 11
Arbra0
Level 1
United States

I have the same issue, I have several rooms, they are different sizes, and I'm not sure how to market them. Love to hear any feedback.

Everything I've read has said to make separate listings for each combination of rooms/units you plan on offering, taking special care to not double book. So that's the route I'm going to go. Good luck and let me know if you find a better/alternative solution!

Sally137
Level 2
Kingman, AZ

Im a new host and after doing extensive research, I found on thier site to list them seperately. We have a 3 bedroom house but would like to list all three bedrooms and then the whole house, so we now have 4 listings. The caveat to this is to make sure you dont overbook, ie: rent the whole house but then forget to pull the 3 bedrooms as available.Or rent 1 or 2 bedrooms but forget to pull the house listing.

Your suggestion matches the research I've done and what I've read elsewhere. I think the key is not allow "Instant Book" for any overlapping properties (allow instant book for ONLY the individual listings or ONLY the combined listing). That being said, I don't plan on allowing Instant Booking at all since I want to screen visitors.

Thanks for replying!

I've just started researching this too. I am not yet an AirBNB host, but wanted to pose the question to you guys.  Here in Amsterdam, there is a limit of 60 days on Entire Home bookings.

So in a configuration where I have a single home entrance from the street, but two private entrances in the foyer for:

Unit 1  (basement)

Unit 2 (ground floor and first floor)

Combined (Entire House - basement, ground, and first floor).

I'd like to market Unit 1 and Unit 2 as "Entire House" as that way you get those who are searching from privacy/self-contained units can discover me, but I'd like to book it under a "Private Room" as there is no limit to the number of nights that can be booked and theoretically, it is a private room within my home, it is just configured in a way that is similar to an entire house.

Do you know that if this is possible?  Perhaps by having a separate Private Room listings on AirBNB?

Are their limits to the number of listings at the same address?

That extra layer of complexity needs some helping hands to solve from the community.

Cheers,

TVG

Yes. Having seperate listings is the way to go but take care not to dbl book. For that reason we do not have instant book on any of ours so I have the time to block any dates for the whole house that may come in if I rent a seperate room 

Pauline106
Level 3
St. John's, Canada

I am having the same problem. One property with 2 rooms to rent. The real problem is that the listings done stay together on AirBnB, so one may be on page 3 and the other on page 6. A real problem. Does anyone have a solution as to how to keep them together?

Troy24
Level 2
Michigan, United States

I listed all 3 seperately however only one is showing up on the map when I search.  Does anyone know how to fix that?

Make sure your search criteria is correct.  On the map you can zoom in and it expqnds the ones you can see, they should show on the bottom of the screen seperately as well

John2151
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Are the suggestions here still valid three years later - 2020? Just wondering?

Did anyone get a solid answer to this 1 property with 3 or 4 possible separate configurations question answered?

I have a property address that was originally built to be a resort/hotel in 2008. There are two  large one bedroom master suites at each end of the center unit. The central unit is the largest and has its own bedroom,  large living room, dining room, outdoor patio, kitchen and bathroom. 

It can be broken off into 3 separate units for rent or all of them for rent at the same time when I combine all 3 listings together.  Is the prevailing logic that I need to create 4 separate listings for the same home address? One umbrella listing that puts all 3 areas/spaces together to form on large 1800 square foot 3bedroom/3bathroom rental and then and also create three additional  listings for each of the three spaces that I can lock the connecting doors and rent separately? 

@Rob131