re Keeping listing disputes under control Robin Level 10 in Mount Barker, Oz

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

re Keeping listing disputes under control Robin Level 10 in Mount Barker, Oz

Just wanted to revisit this now I have been open +-37 days and have a little experience behind me. 

RE ROBINS POST ON KEEPING LISTING DISPUTES UNDER CONTROL

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Keeping-listing-disputes-under-control/m-p/252320#M60443

I am now inclined to believe Robins advice is right on the money.  In fact I have established similar protocols for staff.  My next step is to have a similar kind of set of protocols for the Guest Compendium for the Holiday Homes and a slightly altered one appropriate to the Guest Rooms of Hukawai Lodge.  Currently we show the Guest around at check in highlighting the additions etc.

Quite obviously this is an individual thing.  Myself, I'm giving it a thumbs up.

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Em4 Thanks Christine for trying to re-invigorate the thread, it was a pity it got highjacked last time around and it has probably run its natural course now but, I still stand by it as a useful hosting aid.

Since I have been using this check sheet I have never forgotten to do things I was frequently overlooking before. Maybe it's age, and I do feel that a memory related illness is waiting in the wings for me.....I do need help to keep myself focused these days.

And because it does put a sense of 'order' into what I am doing I am automatically performing other duties which I had not included on the list, such as, I always provide a detailed print-out of the weeks weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology inside the front cover of the house rules for each guest. I would love to be able to send it in my welcome message, but at this stage that is not possible.

CAM02451.jpg

It's just another minor detail but, no detail in hosting is too minor....it's not just a matter of making a bed and putting out a roll of toilet paper. And the more detail you go to, the more you will be rewarded in reviews.

Thanks again Christine for your support on that that thread, it was great and I do hope that it helped others.

Cheers.....Rob

Em4
Level 10
Franz Josef Glacier, New Zealand

@Robin4

You're welcome Robin.  I like the idea of the met report also.  I am finding at the moment that although a guest can online all they need, in an area such as this, temperate rainforest, not all websites have been created equal.  I send links to the websites i use to guests but not everyone can interpret the information and as I said, in this area, weather forecasts are less accurate and more forecast.

@Admin

Whats the go with editing my post and making me sound less than articulate?