Wrong payouts amount in my bank account

Pauly0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Wrong payouts amount in my bank account

Hi, 

recently a guest booked for an amount of nights and confirmed it. After checking-in, she decided to extend her trip, so I accepted a modified reservation, which was 8 nights in total and the final amount was more. Airbnb confirmed it and in the e-mail, it says that it will modify the final amount. A few weeks passed and I still didn't see the modified amount in my bank account. How can I contact Airbnb directly to show proof that there was an error. Thank you

10 Replies 10
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Twitter is the best way to contact them.

I'm not familiar with Twitter, but do you just tweet them on their page about the problem and they will respond to it. Is there another way, like an e-mail? Thanks

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pauly0

Hi Pauly, as @Wendy-and-Frank0 says Twitter is the fastest most reliable method of contact but not everyone has a Twitter account....I don't! Here is a link to all the methods of contacting Airbnb. They deliberately do not publicise and email address because with 800,000 hosts worldwide they would be completely swamped with information that they would have to respond to.

The contact numbers for Canada are the same as those for the USA.

Good luck Pauly, hope you can sort your payment issue out.

Cheers.......Rob

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

@Robin4, you don't have a Twitter account?

Easy to set up, free, and you don't have to have a media presence.  My only "friends" on Twitter are three ABB-related contacts.  One being the HELP handle.

@Wendy-and-Frank0

Yeah I know Wendy, but I am in so many contact streams now from Facebook to review sites to Whirlpool to Linkedin, I very rarely use them and what you are saying is true, I know, but as far as I am concerned twitter is something that birds do.

Besides with all the time I spend here there is nothing left over for tweeting....or is that twitting!! 🙂        

Cheers, Rob

Someone named @Robin is probably a good tweeter or twitter.

I understand about social media overload.

If you ever do join, flap your wings and chirp at me.  😉

@Wendy-and-Frank0

You know......I would join Twitter on the strength of that....but doesn't Twitter have a 'character' limit.....and I am (or have been told I am) a seriously strange character!!! 😉

Cheers.....Rob

Yes, @Pauly0.

You can use other ways to contact them but if you want a quick response, Twitter is the way to go.

Thank you very much for all your answers! I just got my computer back and on my really old Samsung phone, it wouldn't let me answer back. I created a Twitter a few days ago and DM them. I got an answer back today and they fixed the problem. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pauly0 

Pauly thanks for letting us know, so often contributors take the time to give advice and it simply disappears into the ether, never to be heard of again. It's nice to know that it was of some benefit, so thanks for the update!

Cheers.....Rob