Why do my prices not save?

Mars3
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Why do my prices not save?

Has anyone else noticed that when you set the prices using the new iOS AirBnb app they don't stick?  I had raised the prices for this month just this morning but then a few hours later I got a booking and noticed it was at the previously lower rate.  I lost potential income on this transaction, and am trying to avoid it in the future.  when I raised the prices there was no message that it didn't work, and infact I remember there being a little 'saved' message.  After I noticed the bug I changed it several times more but each time it didn't stick.  I did the same thing on my desktop and the first time the price change didn't stick, but the second time it did.  I would hope that I can trust the app and the website to be reliable and consistent but clearly it's not.    Any advice?  

9 Replies 9
Alisa13
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I have noticed that.  I cam having a difficult time finding out how to contact Airbnb directly.  It is like a viscious circle.  Almost like theyt do not want us to be able to contact them!

Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

Hi @Mars3

yes with the last App update the prices not change, it is a bug. I have alredy sent a feedback via App, do it the same, maybe they gonna notice more quickly.

for now if you want to change your prices, do it through the website.

cheers Raf

Yes, I've just noticed this too, among other issues. I'm actually surprised that Airbnb would release a new app with quite a few bugs. Something like prices not saving is a fairly serious issue -- as you've experienced with somebody booking your flat for lower than what you wanted. 

But alas, I can not complain about Airbnb because it provides me with such satisfaction both financially and emotionally. All hail Airbnb!

I have the same problem with the app. And like you I went and changed it on the website. Hopefully it works!

Vicky58
Level 1
Portland, ME

I'm having the same problem! So annoying and awkward to tell the potential guests.

CNB0
Level 2
Dartmouth, CA

Having the same issue. My condo  is suppose to be 100 a night but I just got a request and it's for 75 a night for two weeks! In the summer! Now I feel like I look like a money monger. Sigh. So do you think is I go into the airbnb website on my computer it will work? Not use my app? 

Samir211
Level 2
The Hague, The Netherlands

It is now May 2021 and STILL same issues with the app. I have changed it now more then 4 times but lower prices and length of stay or adjusted practically a few minutes later all though  saved. And not just lower but 40% lower. I already got 4 bookings with lower rates and shorter stays. Very annoying -especially since I re-listed my property- and no-where to go but then to drop a complain here.....

Samir211
Level 2
The Hague, The Netherlands

For anyone encountering same issue: co-host had linked with software package and did not disable connection. Loop remained and kept on adjusting prices. Solved for now.