Thesis on Airbnb - BARBADOS

Seth14
Level 2
Barbados

Thesis on Airbnb - BARBADOS

Hello,

My name is Seth and I am currently an undergraduate student enrolled at the University of the West Indies pursuing my BSc. in Hospitality and Tourism Management.

I am currently working on my thesis which will focus on "Examining Barbadian homeowner’s participation in the sharing economy: A case of Airbnb." The aim is to gain a better understanding as to why Barbadian homeowners are participating in the sharing economy using Airbnb and to recommend solutions for any challenges identified.

I am therefore seeking hosts from Barbados who are willing to participate in a few focus groups to help assist with my research, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can be contacted via the information below.

Kind Regards,

Seth

[Personal information hidden]

5 Replies 5
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Seth14,

Nice to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here.

As you post is publicly visible, I do have to remove any personal information shared and so you will see I have done this with your post above. 

We do have a direct messaging system here in the Community Center, which can be found by hovering over the image next to a post and click on 'Send Message'. If anyone would like to contact you about this, I would recommend they either reply via the thread here or by a Direct Message. 

I hope this is fine with you and good luck with your study. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank You @Lizzie, and thanks for the well wishes! 🙂

So @Lizzie, is there no other way for me to directly contact an Airbnb host? It would appear that the Barbadian community doesnt frequent these community forums too often, if at all...

Is the direct message feature only for host-to-host and host-to-community member communication? Because I don't see a direct message option when I hover my mouse over a display picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in clarifying this matter. Time is a luxury I am running out of and based on your response and the difficulties I have been facing, I may need to make adjustments as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Seth

Fiona90
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Seth

I have a property in barbados that we use Airbnb but I do not live there now.  I have been using Airbnb for awhile now but only just found this communication section.  The website is not always easy and it can take ages sitting going through it all to find anything so I am not sure anyone from Bim will have seen your message!  Some countries have a Host who runs groups in particular areas so the 'hosts' can chat etc but I am not sure if Bim has one.  I am happy to answer some questions if you want.

best wishes

Fiona

Also, I don't seem to be able to edit my original post...

I have made changes to my research which will see me distributing surveys via Survey Monkey as opposed to having a focus group.