Remove Price from Reviews

Colin26
Level 1
Washington, DC

Remove Price from Reviews

I just noticed today that Airbnb is now posting the average nightly price paid by the guest next to their review. 

Fundamentally I have a problem with this:

1) No context to the demand at the time of booking (ie: days left until dates available, demand based on events, special rates)

2) What difference does it make --- Consumers in my experiece will not give 5 stars to a place if they spend $5 dollars a night and it has bed bugs, dirty bathroom, etc and say "well it was only $5 dollars a night so it was a 5 star experience for that price "  Give me a break

3) Will this reduce booking because of seasonality when some say hey Joan got it for X dollars why can't I get for X dollars -- well John when Joan booked the apartment it was the middle of January and it was vacant 3 night before she arrived so no John it is not X dollars then John books it and he is already pissed because he know what Joan booked it for now I get 1 star for value

Please change NOW even CARMAX doesn't do some this stupid.

3 Replies 3
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi Collin,

are you sure? I think the price and the dates are only shown privately for the host only. If you click your listing, it will not appear:

Experienced this too but indicating names of the homes and people locating and arriving without doing bookings.This is messing up on having to handle alot of confusion.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Colin26

I think this is only visible to you - I don't see any nightly pricing beside your guests names/reviews.