Preventing Guest Complaints

Baruch0
Level 3
New York, NY

Preventing Guest Complaints

Hi all, for months I've always been concerned when accepting guests that despite my best efforts they'd leave me a negative review. I finally had an idea that would help me detect potentially complaining guests. Enter AirReview, a free chrome extension that I created to show guests' reviews of all of their previous hosts. This way, you can screen guests that have complained previously, and make a more educated decision whether you want to host them or not.

Check it out over here: [link removed]

33 Replies 33
Claudia294
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

@Baruch0

Thank you for all the work you are doing. I'm a Firefox user (don't like Chrome), could you set this also for Firefox? Or, is the feedback not enough here? Thank you again,

Claudia ****

Hi Claudia, I'd love to make a Firefox version, only issue for me is finding the time! But rest assure, I'll find time for it in the near future.

Hi Baruch,

thank you so much, and i hope that you will find some time some day. Plz, let me know... Have a good
one,

Claudia

Nazrina0
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Thanks for sharing! Is there an extension like this for Firefox or an app available?

edit:realized this is a repeat comment

Hilde8
Level 3
Bundeena, Australia

Thanks Baruch, this is very helpful. I've only just started hosting via airbnb and other sites and so far all has gone well.  We did have one guest with three children under age 6 who did a bit of damage (around $300 worth) and we did not persue any compensation. We have only got two reviews so far and we didn't want the mother taking revenge by giving us a stinker of a review (and I'm pretty sure she would have!).  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can you do one for stayz as well?

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with that guest. What do you mean for "stayz"?

Stayz (look it up) is another hosting site and the most popular in Australia. It's part of the Expedia empire. It does not allow hosts to review, only guests but once a host receives a review, they can comment to that. When a booking request comes through from a potential guest, the hosts don't get to see what type of reviews those guests have left in the past and that's the thing we are all interested in seeing.

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Some guests profile sometimes do not show their previous reviews they got from the previous host until they come at your place and and leave you a review i find this very unfair.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Baruch0 Thank you so much for an extension is was usefull.  

Jackie80
Level 4
Suttons Bay, MI

Subject: Re: "Location" is an unfair measure to evaluate a BnB. Airbnb should eliminate "location" on the ranking scale.

A host can't move the house. Guests should determine, before they book, if the location is convenient for them. They can Google Map the area. A host should not lose ranking because a guest chooses a host location in a neighborhood that is not near whatever amenities the guest prefers to be close to.

In Florida, many visitors are seniors. They're less inclined to care about bike paths or bars and maybe they'll visit a beach just once. They do care about safe neighborhoods, convenient parking, and easy traffic. Younger guests may look for different amenities in a location - beaches, bars, night life, etc.

If guests dislike the location they settle on, they have only themselves to blame. But they may penalize the host by giving them a low score on "location." This is not fair.

There is no location that will meet everyone's preferences. I think "Location" should totally be eliminated on the rating scale. It is too subjective and can pull down a host's overall ranking.  Again, you can't move your house.

Have to agree with you 100%.  My property is in a very small village with less than 1,000 population. We have two beaches, left and right, each are 600 meters from the house.  The shops are less than 10 minutes walk away.  That's all there is to Bundeena and yet we had a review that was glowing in all other terms except location. God only knows what they were expecting but I suspect they wanted a water front property and we are one row behind the water front properties and yet we have fabulous water views.

My thoughts were if they wanted a better location (water front), then pay for it.  We are 1/2 the price of a waterfront, you still get the expansive water views (oh and we are one of only two properties with a swimming pool).

Do you think airbnb monitors these threads?  Hope so, I'd love them to remove location as a criteria.

T2
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

hi. I am interested in this but was unable to find it on a search online and the link was removed.

I wonder why the link was removed? 

Not sure why the AirBnB community mods removed the link but you can find it if you search the chrome webstore for "AirReview".

@Baruch0 thank you so much - I am not having any luck locating the add on. I also haven't used this application platform at all so i may just be a total newbie with search and installation using chrome store. can you walk me thru locating this app? thank you so much!