Possible scam

Kyra9
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Possible scam

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could give me advise on the following exchange I have for a reservation commencing on 31 March:

Hi Kyra, my husband is turning 40 this year so we are visiting Edinburgh to celebrate. We love to experience the local culture everywhere we go, and your apt looks perfect. thank you!

2 Mar 2017

Hi <name>, thank you so much for your reservation! It's exciting to have guests from <location> as this is where my dad is from. Please let me know if you have any questions in advance of your arrival. Looking forward to meeting you both. Regards, Kyra

2 Mar 2017

I never signed up fir a trip???? Why am o getting this email...im going to report this as scammers

Today at 07:51

<name>, I'm so sorry but I got a booking request from you back on 2 March. I will contact Airbnb as I am concerned that this has happened and will need to re-advertise these dates again. Kyra

Today at 08:03

I'm unsure what I really should be doing next? The language and grammer of the response I received today doesn't match the initial reservation so something is amiss. I have a moderate cancellation policy which means guests can cancel free of charge.  If the guest has been genuinely scammed then what action should I take?

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kyra9

your guest has his account hacked probably. Contatc Airbnb, here is how

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

Thank you, I'll get in touch with them to sort