No response from upcoming guests

Jonathan206
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

No response from upcoming guests

Dear community,

We have guests coming soon who reserved about a month ago and are going to stay about a week but we have not had any reply from them since they made the reservation. Should we be right to feel a little uncomfortable about sharing our house for a week with such bad communicators? 

9 Replies 9
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jonathan206  This isn't completely abnormal and doesn't necessarily mean they'll be bad guests.   When do they check in?  A couple days before their reservation, try messaging them again and if that doesn't work, you can try to give them a call. 

Cynthia, Thanks for your reply. They're checking in in a couple of days and I sent a message two days ago to ask if they need help with directions and over arrival time. I guess I could call tomorrow if they're still incommunicato but without arrival time they might end up being stranded and that'll be rather unfortunate.
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Jonathan206You can also reach out to customer service and have them call them, so that they understand that messages should not be ignored.

"good communication is key to a successful experience for both of us"... etc

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I'm dealing with the same issue and it's the most frustrating part about accepting guests. They send me a request and I immediately respond with "What time are you arriving?".One question and they can't even answer that. Nothing. I've sent it twice already and nothing. It's as if they disappeared into a black hole or something, but we all know this generation ALWAYS has their phone on them so I fail to understand how someone who is arriving in 5 days can't simply respond with their arrival time. What if this same person decides to arrive at 8am thinking they can check in early? The onus is on me to figure out their arrival time because AirBnB fails to prompt guests for this information.

@Zacharias0 One of my first house rules is that they immediately send their arrival and departure timing. It is also a slot on their rental agreement. I haven't had to do it yet, but I would get CS involved with the possibility of cancelling if someone was non-responsive. It is a fairly big red flag that the guest is thinking Hotel instead of Personal Home.

Good luck!

Austin Texas Barn

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15208027

Thanks for the comments. How do I get a hold of customer service? I feel a bit dumb asking this but I've been looping around the website trying to find a way to contact Airbnb themselves.

@Jonathan206 try over facebook and twitter.

During New Year period i have a guest who didnt respond on my messages before they arrive.

I contact Airbnb by facebook about my situation and they deal with it.

So try by Facebook or by Twitter

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

020 3318 1111 is the numberin the UK, Jonathan. If you've got VOIP etc., give it a call. Or search for the NL number. 

Thanks again for all the help. I have indeed managed to establish connection with Airbnb now and I hope they will help me resolve this. I highly appreciate all your help!