New Review Notifications = : (

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

New Review Notifications = : (

Has anyone noticed the new review notifications on your phone? I've always received an email but I now I receive an obnoxious push notification on my phone when it's time to review a guest at all hours of the day and night. As far as I can tell the only way to turn it off would be to turn off my other airbnb notifications but I need to know when I have an inquiry or message. Seriously annoyed. Would love to know if anyone has figured out a way to get around these? I don't need a phone notification telling me to write a review.

10 Replies 10
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Turn it off - either in your phone settings by choosing which sites can send you notifications, or your Account Settings (in the menu under your name on the AirBnB site). It's really easy to do.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry, I see you are referring just to Review notifications - and not everything else? If so, then I suggest you use the Do Not Disturb function on your phone. You can set this to receive messages only from family, friends, emergency contacts, etc between certain hours. 

Thanks @Gerry-And-Rashid0

The issue is that it's important for me to be able to receive guest's messages even, god forbid, in the middle of the night. I just don't want the review notifications bundled with the important stuff. Trust me, I use do not disturb every night but I allow Airbnb messages in case there is an emergency as Airbnb is our main form of communication with our guests.

Kris21
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

I compltely agree. I need the other notifications- inquiries, emergency or messages from guests, but I do not need push notifications on reviews. I request Air BNB switch off this annoying new 'feature.'

Boston-Homes0
Level 2
Somerville, MA

I agree! This just woke me up at 2 AM. Last night, it interrupted me during a lovely second date. 

If anyone knows how to turn this off without losing other notifications, please post

If anyone from AirBnB is listening, please undo this update or allow this particular type of notification to be turned off. It is horrible UX. I am always listening to answer guest questions instantly. Guest questions and reservation requests are urgent. Reviews are not. Please  please please distinguish.

@Boston-Homes0 @Kris21

I did put in a call to Airbnb to find out if there is anyway to turn off this new feature. They are going to get back to me. I also told them that if there isn't a way to turn off the notifications that I wanted to put in a "formal complaint" about the new feature. It is beyond obnoxious. I will report back if I figure anything out.

HI,

Thank you. I also sent in a complaint. I don't want to boycott reviewing my guests, but this is way too aggressive on the part of Air BNB and a real drag to hosts. I hope they don't also bug guests with this.

Kris

FIX THIS AWFUL FEATURE AIRBNB !!

IT SUX!

I've only once chosen not to review. Because I had nothing good to say. 

Three years 255 reviews for my site. 

Super Host.

I need notifications and this notification feature needs to be deleted. 

I got another one of these horrible push notifications at 430 AM last night. Woke me up. 

I told AirBnB that I refuse to leave reviews until they turn this off. Anyone with me? How do we rally the wider community?

@Boston-Homes0

I wish I knew how to rally the community. I would write your own community post on the issue. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining. Wonder if it is happening to everyone or just Beta? My husband removed Airbnb notifications from his phone because of it. I got no where last time I spoke with Airbnb. Will try them again this week.