My listing is not showing up

Dominic20
Level 2
Orlando, FL

My listing is not showing up

Hello,

I am confused - my listing is active per the system (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15280152) at least as far as I can see. But when searching for properties in a date window I would qualify for, my listing does not show up. This is compounded on another email issue but that is separate. How can I get my listing to pop up for searches?

Thanks,

Dominic

5 Replies 5

Only about 300 listings show up for any search on Airbnb although there may be several hundred available. For instance, there are about 1300 listings in my city, but you will never get that many to appear in a search. Airbnb shows suggested listings based on a secret algorithm, however, a fairly common aspect is similar listings. If a prospective guest has clicked listings similar to yours, then on their next search you have a greater chance to show.  Just about every searcher sees search results a little differently.

Now to answer your question about how to get higher ranking:

1. Update your listing often.

2. Have a good headline that will attract attention, thus more clicks.

3. Write a good, truthful listing that will get you bookings; a good views to booking ratio helps.

4. Make sure your price is competitive.

6. Turn on Instant Book but be prepared to take what you get. (Airbnb will allow you to cancel an IB booking without consequences if you call Airbnb and explain that you are uncomfortable with a guest and let Airbnb hit the cancel button, but you don't want to cancel if at all possible.)

Good luck in your business.

How do I call Air B& B?  I cannot find a host's phone number anywhere?  Also, I have asked many friends to search for my listing and it does not show up.  There are only about a total of 300 in my little city, and on many search dates, there are only 18 showing up, and mine is not one of them. I have only a handful of views in the past 75 days, and similar ones have hundreds.  I am super sad and I have done everything.  Help!

Thanks,

Patty

Mildred4
Level 2
New York, NY

I am having the same problem. It started around the end of February 2017. I noticed that my inquiries have become nonexistent which is unusual because I have been with ABnB for 1.5 years and been active in bookings. I have all five star reviews. I decided to clear my cookies and cache and search for my listing as a potential guest would. When I did so I found that there were approximately 300 listings for my area. I decided to go through all 17 pages of listings but I was unable to find my listing. I did this several times and came up with the same results. I also noticed that my area (10 block perimeter) showed no property markers. I decided to zoom in to almost the street of my listing and low and behold it appeared. This is certainly not a way a potential guest would search. I tried different queries and all resulted in the same way. It is important to always clear your cookies and cache after a search because if you don't your computer will remember the location. I called Tech Support and after numerous conversations I was told the following:

1. One tech told me that when a host calls them they research the problem with Admin access which will show the hosts listing. He actually signed on without ADMIN and noticed the same problem I saw. He told me that I was correct about refreshing cookies and cache to see a true guest search. He was unable to resolve the problem but advised me to send an email to response@airbnb.com which I did (did not receive an answer).
  2. I was told also that I should try to change my listing physical location. The tech tweaked that and still no success.
  3. I was told that I needed to lower my pricing to make it competitive. I did all right until this search problem arrived. This should not be their concern at which price the host lists. I know they would love me to give away the rental for 30 dollars so they can get their share. But I have expenses and price accordingly.
  4. I was told that I needed to change the filtered items. My condo sleeps 1 - 4 people. they told me that the listing will only show if the guest searches for a 4 person accommodation. My condo has been rented by more people with a party of 1 or 2 than 4. So if this is true those guests will never see my listing that is not right. As for this techs statement, I must add that I conducted umpteen searches and found that when I queried with 1 person accommodations (default) the very first pages showed differently I found 2,3,4,5 etc. guest maximums. Also if this true why when I zoom in really close does my listing show up?
  5. I was even told that this is just the way it is until you get more reviews and bookings. I have great booking and all 5 star reviews, but thanks now to Airbnb, if I do not show up in the queries I will get NO bookings and NO inquires. This does not make sense.

At the time of this writing I am still not getting inquiries and I am still not getting bookings.

I am at your mercy airbnb please help me out here.

I have the same problem.

Listing not showing, and availability coming up.

Panicked.

Call Airbnb.  I did and my listing address was incorrect.   That helped some.  Also, it happened again a month later so I called again.   They refreshed their settings.  Not sure how much it helped. Take a picture down from your site and reload it.  Doing this, or adding a new picture helps move you up.   Keep calling them.  They are super kind.  Patty