Meet the pets!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Meet the pets!

Love your pets

Hello everyone,

I often come across threads here in the Community Center where you have mentioned your pets, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread to talk about our pets/animals, along with any photos you might want to share! If you are like me, I regularly come across cute or funny photos of pets so feel free to share those too (just remember to include the credit/source of the photo if you haven't taken it). 🙂

* I'm sorry about the photo above...I couldn't resist! hehe

I would like to introduce my cat, Johnny:

Jonny the cat

This a photo of Johnny enjoying the sun! We got him as a kitten and despite appearances he is a very good tree climber, when he is not lounging around...it's a hard life being a cat! 

What about you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

126 Replies 126

Great names @Huma0! Love it! They are gorgeous. 🙂

I wasn't going to post my pictures since both of my hounds have gone to the Rainbow Bridge, but our Betty-girl was our co-host for almost a year and we still miss her. A few of our guests who stayed with us back then remember her and occassionally ask.  We removed her individual photos from our listing, but she's still standing on the walkway of our main picture.  

Here's our former co-host Betty: 2010-04-01 13.59.09.jpg

Don't you plan to get another one? That spot is perfect for a watchdog: sunny, good view and the hound can be invisible 😉

@Alice-and-Jeff0 Oh Alice, what a lovely dog and lovely memories! And I know exactly how you feel.

Jetti had a wonderful life, and on his last afternmoon we went for his daily walk, he chatted up all his usual friends along the way. We had no sooner got home and he started flopping around on the floor! When he tried to get up he would fall to his left side. A rushed trip to the vet confirmed he had suffered a stroke. The vet said he may come good but these events always take a different path so he suggested we keep an eye on him overnight. His condition didn't improve and the next morning the vet called in and gave him that injection. He gave a little involuntary shudder and we held his head as he made his way accross that Rainbow Bridge.

Bloody rips you heart out when this person who has been such a major part of your life, has watched your every move, has wagged his tail every time he catches sight of you, who never in his entire life judged you, or resented you.....is no longer there.

But you know Alice, there is always a shiny new tomorrow, and as much as it hurts when they leave, God and nature will always make sure, there is another one hovering in the wings!

Cheers....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks @Alice-and-Jeff0 for sharing Betty with us all here, she looked like a very calm and gentle dog. Did you have her from a pup?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you everyone for the kind words! 

@Helga0 - right now we are going animal-free.  We haven't been without a pet in the house in almost 20 years so we said we'd wait at least a year before getting another critter.  That's been the hardest is getting "used" to the lack of furry friends constantly around. 

@Lizzie - Betty wasn't always so kind to her brother, Butch.  She pushed him around and was jealous that we maintained his Alpha status.  She'd get fed up and bit him more than once.  But with guests, she was pretty chill.  We adopted her from a rescue organization when she was 9 months old, so she was still a puppy but not a baby.  She had a horrible habit of jumping up on people that we tried desperately to break as she was a 55# dog capable of knocking over children and the elderly.  As she got older, jumping up wasn't in her any more so by the time she was a co-host, she sat and waited for petting. In her old age, she was pretty mellow and just loved people so it made her an ideal co-host.  She loved sitting on the porch and waiting for guests to check in.    

@Robin4 - It does rip your heart out.  We were barely recovered from the loss of our old man, Butch, when Betty was diagosed with a large tumor on her liver.  We felt lucky to have her for 6 more months.  We lost 2 dogs that we had had for almost 15 years in the span of 12 months.  It was very difficult.  I make up for all that love I still have by volunteering at the Animal Shelter walking dogs and attending adoption events.  It makes me happy when a furry face is so excited to see me and there are dozens furry faces there! 

Jackie79
Level 2
Newport Beach, CA

Archie

This is Archie (the wonder dog), and this is how he sees out our guests when they leave. There are more comments about Archie in my reviews than anything else. I think that pets can add so much to the guest's visit.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Jackie79, I can see why you call him the 'wonder dog', what a wonderful dog! 🙂 What type of dog is he? 

--------------------

Thanks @Lizzie - he's a Vizsla (aka Hungarian Pointer), but truthfully, he thinks he's a cat!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hehe @Jackie79! I am intrigued how does he think he is a cat? 🙂

--------------------

He thinks he's a cat because he tries to sleep on my lap, and when that doesn't work, he sleeps on top of the sofa (very cat-like).

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw that is so funny @Jackie79...has he ever tried to climb trees and catch mice? 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

I thought you might like to see this photo of my friend's cat Louis, showing off his bumblebee outfit! Aww 🙂

Louis

@Jackie79@Robin4@Huma0@Alice-and-Jeff0@Helga0@MicheleandLouw0@Branka-and-Silvia0@Linda108@David-and-Fiona0@Karen-and-Brian0

--------------------

Adorable!

Pramod1
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Image result for picture of doberman pinscher

his name's TURKO. Really a mean guy ! guys , you dont want to be jumping over the wall and coming in !!!