Lost a booking because airbnb could not process the large dollar amount....

Rob126
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Lost a booking because airbnb could not process the large dollar amount....

I lost a booking because the guest was frustrated because he was going to have to make two payments as opposed to one large payment. There was no way for him to make two payments and he got frustrated and I lost the booking. Has this happened to anyone else? Seems outrageous. Would appreicate any input, thanks so much.

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Airbnb expects full payment at the time of booking.  The payment cannot be split between two cards.

So the guest should have been able to process the payment on their card? No matter if it was above $10k?

@Rob126  If the reservation is for less than 28 days, yes, regardless of the cost.  If the reservation is for more than 28 days, the guest will be charged the first month up front and then subsequently charged for future months.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have seen some very expensive listing on AirBnB, and they get booked, probably an issue with the CC.

David
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Doubt that it was the fault of AirBnB. He could have contacted his CC and told them to approve the transaction. $10k at one time would raise the red flag of any card issu you er especially if that didnt match his pattern of spending. As a host you have to get creative. There was nothing stopping you from telling him to book 15 days at a time using one card for each amount of time. You could also have sent him a special offer for a block of days at a time. Hosts have a lot of power over their calendar and how they receive money.

REALLY !

Do you know how hard it is to contact AIRBNB ?

ALWAYS pushing to Q & A and to fellow hosts, AIRBNB dont want to be contacted with enquiries.

I have only had to call them twice and got through pretty quickly. Others have reported waiting an hour or more.

It does seem that they are understaffed.

David