Impossible to get listing address corrected?

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Impossible to get listing address corrected?

Hi,

I'm co-host for a place that I just realized has a major mistake in the address of the listing.  The map shows the right location, but the address text is wrong.

Going through AirBnB Help it says to contact support in this case, however the reply I'm getting is that this is not possible to change and I need to just delete the whole listing and add another one.   As we have many bookins and some reviews I don't want to do this, I'd much rather keep it the way it is and mention it to guests in my location directions.   That sounds sloppy though, but I'll do it over deleting the listing.

Probably this happened because the AirBnB site wants to suggest known streets as you type, and it flips to a suggested address..  I've noticed before it's actually challenging to get it to accept an address for non Western locations.  

Has anyone dealt with this, and was AirBnB support able to help in making a correction?

4 Replies 4
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/478/how-do-i-set-my-map-or-address If it will not allow you to correct address on-line you will need to call AirBnB and plead your case. Unfortunately, people have changed addresses to commit fraud so AirBnB makes changing/correct the address difficult.

Derek34
Level 1
Villanueva de la Concepción, Spain

same problem here too and the auto assume this site has is not good at all. will try to ring them rather than change the whole lot and start from scratch. They need a secure alternative to this. very frustrating. thanks for the above though. good to know we are not alone.

Paula

Rhonda34
Level 4
Western Australia, Australia

its a nighmare for me. At first it kept giving my neigbours address, and people were going there via the map. I tried to change it and it refused my address and now put my house as some place else. Now I cant go back in and edit again without starting a whole new listing. I have back to back bookings at the moment. Plus if I change my listing I loose all my good reviews and my hard work is down the drain. I cannot find where to contact at all with this issue. Very poor form, its a tecnological thing and why cant they have a decent customer service place or even an email to address problems.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rhonda34,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

Sorry to hear your frustration here. I believe you will need to contact the Support Team about this, so they can take a look at your account. Here is a great Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC) on the different ways to reach them. 

I hope this helps and you get this sorted. Do let us know. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.